+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Employer contacted during background check?

pryda31

Sep 18, 2017
Hi Folks!!

Newbie on the forum, but I have been a lurker for a while. Thank you for all the great support that the forum provides!!

If someone can help answer this question please: I would like to know if CIC can contact your employer? There are two reasons I ask this:
1. I don't remember what number or email I gave for reference for my employer. I did however provide a reference letter/ employment letter with my managers email and cell.
2. I work in a big organisation, with over 3000 employees, and i probably gave the number general company number that you get when you google my company which means, it may go unanswered and a big possibility that no one probably looks at the vociemails.

I am guilty of not checking my application very frequently but currently BGC says processing and medicals have passed a long time ago so I believe I an in IP2 and my AOR was June 2017

Thanks for the answers!!!

Srushti

Oct 25, 2016
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
01-03-2017
Doc's Request.
31-03-2017
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
26-05-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
01-08-2017
1. CIC does not call all the employers for verification. The only case when an officer would contact your employer is when they are not convinced with the job experience letter.
2. Giving your general office number should not be a problem. As long as it can be directed to your supervisor/HR.

pryda31

Sep 18, 2017
1. CIC does not call all the employers for verification. The only case when an officer would contact your employer is when they are not convinced with the job experience letter.
2. Giving your general office number should not be a problem. As long as it can be directed to your supervisor/HR.
Thanks for the reply! My concern is that if no one answers the general company line then what happens at that point?

pryda31

Sep 18, 2017
Yes, they can contact your employer.
Thank you for the reply! Would you happen to know what happens if CIC is unable to contact your employer? Can I inform CIC in any way that I am immigrant and could not have disclosed my application for Canadian PR to my employer since that puts my employment status in Jeopardy.

Raz0r

Jul 9, 2017
Calling up the respective employers is not the only way that the CIC utilizes to know the legitimacy of an Experience or Reference Letter. They might go through the company's official website, contact some people whom they know and are living nearby the company in question to verify if its legit etc. Good luck.

pryda31

Sep 18, 2017
Calling up the respective employers is not the only way that the CIC utilizes to know the legitimacy of an Experience or Reference Letter. They might go through the company's official website, contact some people whom they know and are living nearby the company in question to verify if its legit etc. Good luck.
Thank you for the response! That shouldn't be a problem since we are a fairly decent sized organization with operations in many countries, including Canada. I am not concerned about the legitimacy of the organization my concern is what if my employer misses the calls from CIC. Would I be contacted at any point so I can give out info for HR.

Raz0r

Jul 9, 2017
Thank you for the response! That shouldn't be a problem since we are a fairly decent sized organization with operations in many countries, including Canada. I am not concerned about the legitimacy of the organization my concern is what if my employer misses the calls from CIC. Would I be contacted at any point so I can give out info for HR.
I do not believe you should be worried. Good luck.

pryda31

Sep 18, 2017
Just wanted to update you guys. First up thank you for the reposes, once again the forum for the win!!

I got PPR and I am guessing that my concerns are not valid anymore?