+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Employer can't speak English. What if Visa Officers can't understand him?

khairul.alam

Oct 2, 2016
Hi everyone,

I'm really troubled about something but I couldn't find any information on the internet regarding my problem.

I'm preparing myself to apply for Express Entry. My immediate supervisor (he's more like a colleague and a friend because we founded the company together) cannot speak in English properly. So I'm afraid he won't be able to communicate with the Visa Officers in case he receives any call from them. It has been really troubling me. On one hand I can't ask him to do anything because he's a good friend and it might hurt his feelings; on the other hand I'm afraid Visa officers might refuse my VISA if they don't understand him properly. This is all considering VISA officers actually call him.

I'm a co-founder of the company I work at. And I'm going to use the employment experience from my own company. This is also confusing me because if I'm not sure which path to choose. Do I represent myself as the owner or the employee at the company? I'm the lead Web Developer at my company and that's the NOC I intend to use.

It's all pretty messed up. If you guys have any suggestion, please do share. Any form of suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Thanks!

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
What country is your boss in currently?

Itsmee

Sep 28, 2015
State this and whatever language your employer speaks in the letter of explanation. My understanding is if CIC wants to speak with him, they would arrange an interpreter or you could suggest to use an interpreter incase CIC wants to call in the Letter of explaination....just my thoughts.

BreakingBad

Oct 3, 2015
Mexico
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico VO
NOC Code......
Dont Worry. They Wont call the Employer. If They call and They Cant understand
They will mail you for the Language details(for Interpreter)|Additional Docs about your employment.

You are good to go.

khairul.alam

Oct 2, 2016
Itsmee said:
State this and whatever language your employer speaks in the letter of explanation. My understanding is if CIC wants to speak with him, they would arrange an interpreter or you could suggest to use an interpreter incase CIC wants to call in the Letter of explaination....just my thoughts.
Thanks! That's a good suggestion. I'll keep that in mind.

g126

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2016
Sao Paulo
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
07-01-2017
File Transfer...
18-02-2017
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
15-12-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2017
LANDED..........
09-10-2017
Did your employer give you a reference letter in English? If so IRCC will expect him to know English (and if that's not the case it will probably raise a red flag). The best thing to do in this case is to get the reference letter in the local language and translate it, that way IRCC will have someone at the local VO (who speaks the local language) contact him if they need to.

If the reference letter is in the local language then IRCC knows they need to make contact via LVO in local language, no need to mention this in the LoE but you can if you'd like.

khairul.alam

Oct 2, 2016
BreakingBad said:
Dont Worry. They Wont call the Employer. If They call and They Cant understand
They will mail you for the Language details(for Interpreter)|Additional Docs about your employment.

You are good to go.
Thanks! I'll definitely keep your suggestion in mind.