+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Employer asking to leave Canada although am on PR

July_8_xyz

Nov 7, 2019
Hi Everyone, I need help really quick to understand what are my options in the below situation.

My company is a global IT company and had moved me from country X (not India) to Canada, with my offer letter stating that although I am being deployed on an assignment to Canada its temporary and I am still an Indian Employee and its to their sole discretion to terminate my assignment at any time they feel necessary.

They usually furnish such letters to employees who come here with a Canadian work permit. I however had come here on PR status (even before I landed to work here I had Canadian PR).

Due to unforeseen reasons our project did not materialize and my employer is asking me to leave immediately for India. I wanted to understand as a PR do I have any rights with regards to having my stay extended here. I am here with family and in a very tricky situation. Please advice and help out here.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hi Everyone, I need help really quick to understand what are my options in the below situation.

My company is a global IT company and had moved me from country X (not India) to Canada, with my offer letter stating that although I am being deployed on an assignment to Canada its temporary and I am still an Indian Employee and its to their sole discretion to terminate my assignment at any time they feel necessary.

They usually furnish such letters to employees who come here with a Canadian work permit. I however had come here on PR status (even before I landed to work here I had Canadian PR).

Due to unforeseen reasons our project did not materialize and my employer is asking me to leave immediately for India. I wanted to understand as a PR do I have any rights with regards to having my stay extended here. I am here with family and in a very tricky situation. Please advice and help out here.
If you are a PR, you have the right to live and work in Canada.
However, you are still subject to the conditions of your employment, and being a PR does not change that.

You can always get a new job, in order to stay in Canada. Note that if you do leave Canada, you will start to lose PR residency days.

Kashcal

Sep 24, 2019
Calgary Alberta
Category........
AINP
Visa Office......
Calgary
Med's Request
20-06-2021
Med's Done....
08-07-2021

Go back to India, as it was a condition in your job contract. If you have PR, you can always come back to Canada. You just need 2 years within 5 years to renew your PR card.
In such scenario, you will be safe to travel to both countries in future.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12

You have the right to stay.

However, depending on the contract or written agreement you have with your company, they may be able to take legal action against you for breaking a contract by remaining. That is for you to sort out.