+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Employer address changed

mrangwala

Star Member
Jan 3, 2018
LANDED..........
01-05-2019
Guys, please advise on this.

I've worked for two companies. One US and second one in India. Here is the situation:

US Employer

When I joined, the office of my COMPANY ABC was located in City A in Texas USA at "address A". After few months, my boss rented a new place in City B and address changed to "Address B" in Texas USA . When I left the job, my office was at "Address B" and my W-2 is issued with "Address B" as address of the employer. It has been 5 years since I left the job and within this time, company has again shifted, now to "Address C", City C in Texas USA .

1. Do I have make separate and individual entries in "Work History" for each city? The COMPANY ABC is only one does not have any other location, it just relocated its office as mentioned above. Please advise.
  2. If I do not have to make separate and individual entries, then which address/city do I need to list in my profile? The address per W-2 (Address B, City B) or current address of the office (Address C, City C)? I believe Address C, City C because it is current, in case there is a physical site visit. Please advise.
  3. If I have to list current address, will it be a problem since it does not match the address per W-2?
  4. Can I write an LOE to explain to VO that the address of the office changed from Address A, City A to Address B, City B while I was working with the company? Will that be sufficient?
  5. Can I write an LOE to explain to VO that the address of the office changed from Address B, City B to Address C, City C after I left the position at the company? Will that be sufficient?

Indian Employer

When I joined, the office of my COMPANY XYZ was located in Ahmedabad at Address A. After 3 years, the company relocated to different address in Ahmedabad itself but to Address B. When I left the job, my office was at "Address B" and it is still the current address of the company.

1. Do I have make separate and individual entries in "Work History" for each address? The COMPANY XYZ is only one does not have any other location, it just relocated its office as mentioned above. Please advise.
  2. The first three year salary slip has the Address A as office address whereas, salary slips thereafter have Address B as office address. If I do not have to make separate and individual entries, then which address do I need to list in my profile? I believe Address B, because it is current, in case there is a physical site visit. Please advise.
  3. If I have to list current address, will it be a problem since it does not match the address per salary slips before the company relocated?
  4. Can I write an LOE to explain to VO that the address of the office changed from Address A to Address B in year 3? Will that be sufficient?
Kindly advise. I will greatly appreciate your help.

Preston_Cleric

Apr 11, 2020
Guys, please advise on this.

I've worked for two companies. One US and second one in India. Here is the situation:

US Employer

When I joined, the office of my COMPANY ABC was located in City A in Texas USA at "address A". After few months, my boss rented a new place in City B and address changed to "Address B" in Texas USA . When I left the job, my office was at "Address B" and my W-2 is issued with "Address B" as address of the employer. It has been 5 years since I left the job and within this time, company has again shifted, now to "Address C", City C in Texas USA .

1. Do I have make separate and individual entries in "Work History" for each city? The COMPANY ABC is only one does not have any other location, it just relocated its office as mentioned above. Please advise.
  2. If I do not have to make separate and individual entries, then which address/city do I need to list in my profile? The address per W-2 (Address B, City B) or current address of the office (Address C, City C)? I believe Address C, City C because it is current, in case there is a physical site visit. Please advise.
  3. If I have to list current address, will it be a problem since it does not match the address per W-2?
  4. Can I write an LOE to explain to VO that the address of the office changed from Address A, City A to Address B, City B while I was working with the company? Will that be sufficient?
  5. Can I write an LOE to explain to VO that the address of the office changed from Address B, City B to Address C, City C after I left the position at the company? Will that be sufficient?

Indian Employer

When I joined, the office of my COMPANY XYZ was located in Ahmedabad at Address A. After 3 years, the company relocated to different address in Ahmedabad itself but to Address B. When I left the job, my office was at "Address B" and it is still the current address of the company.

1. Do I have make separate and individual entries in "Work History" for each address? The COMPANY XYZ is only one does not have any other location, it just relocated its office as mentioned above. Please advise.
  2. The first three year salary slip has the Address A as office address whereas, salary slips thereafter have Address B as office address. If I do not have to make separate and individual entries, then which address do I need to list in my profile? I believe Address B, because it is current, in case there is a physical site visit. Please advise.
  3. If I have to list current address, will it be a problem since it does not match the address per salary slips before the company relocated?
  4. Can I write an LOE to explain to VO that the address of the office changed from Address A to Address B in year 3? Will that be sufficient?
Kindly advise. I will greatly appreciate your help.
Hey there! How did you handle this situation? I'm in the same boat where when I had joined my company was in location A and then it shifted to location B. W2 slips were issued for both locations. The company is currently in location B. Which address should I put?