England
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
17th May 2011
Hi all. My fiancé is being sponsored by me, we will be landing in May. The company he works for want to keep him employed by them but living in Canada.They aren't sure how this would work with regard to tax etc. as they have never offered this to anyone before. Does anyone have any insight...or know where I could find out??

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think he would have to file taxes in the UK because that is where his income is. If he's a PR living in Canada, he should also file for foreign income in Canada. You should google if Canada and the UK have a dual tax agreement. If they do, he will not be paying double tax.

Canooknic

Sep 20, 2010
England
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
17th May 2011
You guys are so great...is there anything that you can't help with?!? This weeks lottery numbers would be great :D

Canooknic

Sep 20, 2010
England
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
17th May 2011
It isn't at the moment, but they will make it into one for him - I don't know how but he is the 'golden boy' and they are all devastated that he's leaving. We thought his boss was just being nice when she suggested it at first, but now her boss has agreed it so it's just logistics now!!