+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Employed by one single family or agent

Kelvinkwan

Apr 20, 2021
Hello! I am currently in Canada and have a job to work for a health care agent and the post is personal support worker. But I need to work for different homes or sometimes in the retirement facility.
I have a question if it is eligible for this pilot to gain the experience from working for this kind of agents. Or I have to be employed by one single family.
thank you

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello! I am currently in Canada and have a job to work for a health care agent and the post is personal support worker. But I need to work for different homes or sometimes in the retirement facility.
I have a question if it is eligible for this pilot to gain the experience from working for this kind of agents. Or I have to be employed by one single family.
thank you
What type of WP d you have?

Kelvinkwan

Apr 20, 2021
As it is just written that to work as 4412 and work in home. So that I have to find an individual rather than an agent or a company to serve different homes.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
As it is just written that to work as 4412 and work in home. So that I have to find an individual rather than an agent or a company to serve different homes.
You need to find one single employer. If you are working for numerous employers the program is unlikely to work for you. If you are a licensed PSW there should be other immigration options for you. PSW is a job that is in demand.

Kelvinkwan

Apr 20, 2021
I can see 4412 is in demand List in oinp, but this is very competitive and seems not target on it.
Anyway thanks for the information

maricel1212

Apr 27, 2021
thank you
[/QUOTE
As ling as its home care or community settings the description of job is the same as NOC 4412 regardless of individual employer or agency or company.

maricel1212

Apr 27, 2021
Thank you very much
But So confused
Some say yes some say no.
I understand me too I was confused but if you read the noc number and its descriptions it is clear that hsw can be a home care agencies or support agencies. In Canada they consider it as hsw those working in home settings assigned ti different elderly or disabled people run by non-profit companies. I am working as PSW before in home or communitt base and its NOC 4412 while
i study but they will not provide me with LMIA so i was forced to leave my job and looked for private employer “individual”.

maricel1212

Apr 27, 2021
yes there is no doubt for noc 4412 could be employed by agency or company.but under this pilot it is not required to have LMIA.
Yes ur right, no LMIA if you applied outside Canada but if inside Canada and change of employer u really need LMIA to extend your stay and have a valid work permit. I came here as a student and after my Post grad work permit expires i got a new LMIA or closed work permit. That doesn’t mean no LMIA at all means. Inside Canada should secure one inorder for you to maintain a valid work permit status.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes ur right, no LMIA if you applied outside Canada but if inside Canada and change of employer u really need LMIA to extend your stay and have a valid work permit. I came here as a student and after my Post grad work permit expires i got a new LMIA or closed work permit. That doesn’t mean no LMIA at all means. Inside Canada should secure one inorder for you to maintain a valid work permit status.
Would add these days there should be other economic immigration programs targeting PSWs. Have you looked if you qualify for the May 6 program?

Kelvinkwan

Apr 20, 2021
So you apply the pilot by finding a private employer in order to change or extend the work visa?
How about your psw experience from agency/company while your PGWP is still counted?