No
Passport Req..
Alhamd o lillah
VISA ISSUED...
Alhamd o lillah
LANDED..........
Alhamd o lillah
Dear forum members,

I am not sure that its the relevant place to put this thread over here or not but let me ask that what constitutes emotional or civil harassment and the penalties ?

If some one shares her personal life, are we bound by law not to disclose her privacy (kindly putting the moral grounds aside at this moment) to any body?

If some one makes you used to of her company, trap you and then quits leaving you in lurch, can you ask her to come back by repetitive calls or text messages? The same person who want to go away, has a repetitive history of calling to the accused at random. Can you threat her that you may share her personal information with her husband? Its worth mentioning the threat is only about disclosure of personal information and not any kind of harm ( with the sole intention not losing that some one special - who made one used to of her company).

I will more be interested in legal grounds rather than moral. And please do consider the deep involvement of narrator in the person. Do consider that if the accused is obsessive owe to having some medical reasons, what impact it has?

The relation is only telephonic; with a distance of thousand of miles. The husband of that some one special is PR, residing in other province.

Respect

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
JMOBhatti said:
If some one shares her personal life, are we bound by law not to disclose her privacy (kindly putting the moral grounds aside at this moment) to any body?

If some one makes you used to of her company, trap you and then quits leaving you in lurch, can you ask her to come back by repetitive calls or text messages? Can you threat her that you may share her personal information with her husband? Its worth mentioning the threat is only about disclosure of personal information and not any kind of harm ( with the sole intention not losing that some one special - who made one used to of her company).
There is no law stating that you are bound by law not to disclose information someone shares with you about their personal life.

Having said that, if someone threatens someone or repetitively contact them through calls or texts - this could be criminal behaviour and may very well not be legal.

JMOBhatti

Oct 1, 2013
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
HKG/LDN
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
No
Med's Done....
Alhamd o lillah
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
Alhamd o lillah
VISA ISSUED...
Alhamd o lillah
LANDED..........
Alhamd o lillah
Thank you for the prompt reply.

I could not understand the following please, can you enlighten further about it:

"Having said that, if someone threatens someone or repetitively contact them through calls or texts - this could be criminal behaviour and may very well not be legal"

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
JMOBhatti said:
Thank you for the prompt reply.

I could not understand the following please, can you enlighten further about it:

"Having said that, if someone threatens someone or repetitively contact them through calls or texts - this could be criminal behaviour and may very well not be legal"
I'm saying that if someone repeatedly calls/text someone else or threatens them - this may be illegal behaviour that can be reported to the police.

JMOBhatti

Oct 1, 2013
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
HKG/LDN
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
No
Med's Done....
Alhamd o lillah
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
Alhamd o lillah
VISA ISSUED...
Alhamd o lillah
LANDED..........
Alhamd o lillah
Thanks.

Usually what kind of implications it may have? Does it end up on any kind of peace bond or .....?

And what's considered as repetitive contacts?

How the extended calls of the appellant are looked in such situation - certainly before being change of her behavior.

Kevin9

Mar 12, 2015
JMOBhatti said:
Thanks.

Usually what kind of implications it may have? Does it end up on any kind of peace bond or .....?

How the extended calls of the appellant are looked in such situation - certainly before being change of her behavior.
If you disclose someone's personal information without his or her consent, you can be subject to a defamation case. But that solely depends on that person to file or not.
Secondly calling, texting repeatedly and threatening in form of emotional messages or whatsoever can be considered as harassment. It can have legal consequences as well. Most importantly you can get into police records for that. If you are reported then you can be detained or arrested for that. Either ways you will have a police record yourself and it is a problem for life for you.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
JMOBhatti said:
Thanks.

There are no black and white answers to your questions. If someone has told you to stop contacting them - then you need to stop contacting them immediately. If you don't stop - you may end up messing up your own life.

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Am I reading this right? Someone has told you personal details about themselves. This person has now left you in the lurch - by you being used to having her in your life and now she's decided she doesn't want to be in your life- and you want to make them come back by threatening to tell their personal information to their husband?

1) no, there's no law saying you can't disclose personal information someone told you. If you lie, exaggerate or manipulate the truth, you could be guilty of defamation or of libel.
2)No its not ok to repeatedly call or text someone. That's harassment.

The legal recourse to these crimes are available online. Look them up.

I would strongly advise against this, you might not be interested in the moral or ethical issues surrounding it, but you should be. Also, if this is an example of your carachter, I can't say I'm all that surprised that someone no longer wants to be your friend.

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
1. Calling, emailing, texting someone repeatedly can be considered harassment and if reported to police, may lead to criminal charges.
2. Blackmailing anyone is illegal and can lead to criminal charges. Ex: telling the lady you will reveal personal information to her husband if she does not "come back to you" is blackmail.
3. We can not control others or what they do. But we can control how we react to it. So instead of wanting to control or win this woman back at all costs, focus on building your self worth, self-esteem and confidence. You have to love yourself first before you can love someone else or expect love in return.
4. The more you harass someone, the more they want to be far away from you. If this woman is no longer interested in being with you, you need to accept it and move on.
5. This behavior is considered abuse (domestic violence) because it is about having control over another person. It is wrong emotionally, mentally, and also criminal behavior.

JMOBhatti

Oct 1, 2013
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
HKG/LDN
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
No
Med's Done....
Alhamd o lillah
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
Alhamd o lillah
VISA ISSUED...
Alhamd o lillah
LANDED..........
Alhamd o lillah
Thanks for the kind concern and sincere comments of all colleagues. I also regret for prolonged absence :).

The comments by all of you colleagues have really helped me to understand the nature of matter in better way, broadening the canvass and vision to look at the matter according to different view points.

In addition to relying on the forum, I was gathering info from other sources as well to better acquaint with the matter. What I have been told by a lawyer that for any such incident the suspect (so called) and victim (so called) need to be in Canada. In my post when I mentioned the following highlighted statement, I am sorry that I did not clarified that the said person lives in another country- thousand of miles away. Her husband is Canadian PR - but he has not been contacted ever. So does this aspect has any impact of the scenario?

The relation is only telephonic; with a distance of thousand of miles. The husband of that some one special is PR, residing in other province.

I wish to write that in original thread certain things are/were exaggerated in favor of opponent (so called) ; owe to some specific reason (something like perception are bigger than realities ;))

Thanks once more for the valuable comments of all.

@ SenoritaBella: If one does so with out asking for anything in return, is it Ok in the eyes of law ::)?
"Ex: telling the lady you will reveal personal information to her husband if she does not "come back to you" is blackmail".

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
Well, if you are not asking for anything why not leave her alone? Find someone else who is single. Remember what goes around comes around.

JMOBhatti said:
@ SenoritaBella: If one does so with out asking for anything in return, is it Ok in the eyes of law ::)?
"Ex: telling the lady you will reveal personal information to her husband if she does not "come back to you" is blackmail".

gavin_cic

Star Member
Dec 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 Nov, 2014
Doc's Request.
28 May, 2015
Nomination.....
PER on 10 Feb, 2015
Med's Request
28 May, 2015
Med's Done....
15 June, 2015 (TLU: 30 June, 2015)
Passport Req..
11 Jan, 2016
LANDED..........
1 Feb, 2016
Hey bro, she is married, and she does not want to harm the relationship with her husband.
Just grow up and let her go.... it is beyond humans' bottom line to disturb others' families.

If this is right, why does the marriage exist? Be a man with respects to everyone and everything.

JMOBhatti said:
Thanks for the kind concern and sincere comments of all colleagues. I also regret for prolonged absence :).

The comments by all of you colleagues have really helped me to understand the nature of matter in better way, broadening the canvass and vision to look at the matter according to different view points.

In addition to relying on the forum, I was gathering info from other sources as well to better acquaint with the matter. What I have been told by a lawyer that for any such incident the suspect (so called) and victim (so called) need to be in Canada. In my post when I mentioned the following highlighted statement, I am sorry that I did not clarified that the said person lives in another country- thousand of miles away. Her husband is Canadian PR - but he has not been contacted ever. So does this aspect has any impact of the scenario?

I wish to write that in original thread certain things are/were exaggerated in favor of opponent (so called) ; owe to some specific reason (something like perception are bigger than realities ;))

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
even if you're not asking her to "come back to you", you're still considering threatening her and that is wrong. morally, ethically and legally. Leave her alone, she's made her choice you need to be an adult and respect it.

rahulk9

Star Member
Dec 21, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JMOBhatti said:

Even if you are in India and she is in Canada, then also the F.I.R can be filed against you. A simple copy of email or fax to the local police can be considered a complaint against you.