+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Emigration from GER - possible if not being a qualified skilled worker?

JimmyBlue1979

Jul 9, 2007
A few months ago I started to think more about leaving my home country germany for moving to canada than ever before..
There are several different TV shows which show germans emigrating to canada.
Most of them didn't have a job here but managed to get hired as qualified skilled worker in canada.
My girlfriend and I both trained as employees in germany's social health insurance for three years and worked after that in that business a few years each.
Seeing that everybody who emigrated to canada (in TV) was a skilled worker makes me think, that we completed a quite difficult training here - but it won't give us a chance to find a good job in canada.

So I'd like to ask if there is somebody who ever emigrated with a similar training?
Which sector could be the right for us to search for job opportunities?
Is there a chance for us to come to canada at all?

Maybe there businessmen/-women here as well who are searching for people like us.

Please let me know, what you're thinking.
Thanks.

ghohoef

Apr 12, 2004
Amstelveen, NL
JimmyBlue1979 said:
A few months ago I started to think more about leaving my home country germany for moving to canada than ever before..
There are several different TV shows which show germans emigrating to canada.
Most of them didn't have a job here but managed to get hired as qualified skilled worker in canada.
My girlfriend and I both trained as employees in germany's social health insurance for three years and worked after that in that business a few years each.
Seeing that everybody who emigrated to canada (in TV) was a skilled worker makes me think, that we completed a quite difficult training here - but it won't give us a chance to find a good job in canada.

So I'd like to ask if there is somebody who ever emigrated with a similar training?
Which sector could be the right for us to search for job opportunities?
Is there a chance for us to come to canada at all?

Maybe there businessmen/-women here as well who are searching for people like us.

Please let me know, what you're thinking.
Thanks.

Jimmy, please see the attached link (NOC) for the job of your interest. Furthermore, check the free assessment on the CIC site to see whether you qualify for the skilled worker program.

http://www23.hrdc-drhc.gc.ca/2001/e/generic/welcome.shtml

Regards,

gerrit

thaiguy

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2007
Vancouver
Have you thought about going to school in Canada? In Germany, I think you need excellent grades and then Uni is free, right? In Canada, it's easier to get in school, but you have to pay. And after you finished, you might be able to find a job and stay.

Usually, students who go to Canada have to show that a comparable degree program is not available in their home country. But it might be easy for you, since students who don't make the right grades in Germany are sort of forced into trade schools.

Good luck.