+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Emergency Visa!?

SBW

Star Member
Oct 6, 2021
My mother just died leaving my younger brother who is 5 in Jamaica. His father also died. I’m now responsible for him but I live in Canada. How can I bring him to Canada as soon as possible?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
My mother just died leaving my younger brother who is 5 in Jamaica. His father also died. I’m now responsible for him but I live in Canada. How can I bring him to Canada as soon as possible?
I'm very sorry for your loss.

You will need to apply for a TRV for the child. There is no expedite process however you can certainly include a letter to ask IRCC to process the application as quickly as possible. You will need to show that you have legal guardianship of the child in order for him to be able to leave the country and fly to Canada.

The TRV will allow him to come to Canada temporarily but not live here / move here permanently. To allow him to live here permanently, you will need to submit an application under the other relatively family sponsorship category to sponsor him as an orphaned sibling.

However suggest you start with the TRV to get him to Canada and then worry about the PR application.

Reactions: bellaluna

SBW

Star Member
Oct 6, 2021
I'm very sorry for your loss.

You will need to apply for a TRV for the child. There is no expedite process however you can certainly include a letter to ask IRCC to process the application as quickly as possible. You will need to show that you have legal guardianship of the child in order for him to be able to leave the country and fly to Canada.

The TRV will allow him to come to Canada temporarily but not live here / move here permanently. To allow him to live here permanently, you will need to submit an application under the other relatively family sponsorship category to sponsor him as an orphaned sibling.

However suggest you start with the TRV to get him to Canada and then worry about the PR application.
Thanks you so much. Also thank you for your response!