+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Emergency visa for under process visitor visa

Kumudji

Nov 3, 2019
I had applied for renewal visitor visa as my Indian passport renewed . Now it is under process at the biometric appointment on 21 sept.
But my grand daughter who is Canadian citizen is now unconscious due to viral infection in brain since last 47 days. My son’s family members are permenant resident and now staying at Calgary.
I want to go Calgary with my unconscious grand daughter as early as possible so she can get more treatment at her country and her family.
I had also visited Canada during her birth period. Originally my Indian passport and Canada visa expires 23/10/2021 but as I had renewed my passport before time.

can I get visitor visa urgently?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I had applied for renewal visitor visa as my Indian passport renewed . Now it is under process at the biometric appointment on 21 sept.
But my grand daughter who is Canadian citizen is now unconscious due to viral infection in brain since last 47 days. My son’s family members are permenant resident and now staying at Calgary.
I want to go Calgary with my unconscious grand daughter as early as possible so she can get more treatment at her country and her family.
I had also visited Canada during her birth period. Originally my Indian passport and Canada visa expires 23/10/2021 but as I had renewed my passport before time.

can I get visitor visa urgently?
It’s unclear from your post. Is your granddaughter in Canada at the moment?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
So sorry about your grand daughter’s health. There is no such thing as visa renewal. You apply for a new permit. There is no expedited processing since your grand-daughter is not in Canada where you could apply for compassionate care. The PHAC approval would be signed by her Canadian doctors. How is she getting to Canada and have you pre-arranged care for her in Canada? ICUs in Calgary are over capacity due to covid. Does she have health insurance.? Your son should be arranging her transport to Canada. Is he PR?

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
No, she is now under treatment at India and staying with us.
I am sorry to hear about your granddaughter but commercial airlines will not be willing to accept a sick child as a passenger not to mention it is very dangerous to take such a long haul flight without access to medical care. This is not a realistic plan unless you can arrange a medical flight which would be hundreds of thousands of dollars out of pocket.

Applying for PHAC doesn’t make sense because the sick child is out of Canada.