+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Emergency Visa for my husband??? Help!!

SeaMaiden

Jun 14, 2009
I am a Canadian citizen and I am married to an Egyptian man. We married in Egypt in April of last year, and now I am 6 months pregnant. I lived with him in Egypt for 10 months in all. We both decided that I should have the baby in Canada. This is due to many reasons, the biggest one is better prenatal and postnatal medical care for me and my baby here in Canada. I have seen the conditions of the hospitals there and would feel more comfortable to give birth in my own country.

I came home on June 1st 2009. Now my question is, we were told that he could probably apply for an Emergency Visa to attend the birth of the baby. Is this possible? and if so how do we go about in applying for one! There is not a lot of time left and I would like to start the process ASAP. Any help or tips would be sooooooooooo appreciated!! Thanks!

Sea
New Brunswick, Canada

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

SeaMaiden said:
I am a Canadian citizen and I am married to an Egyptian man. We married in Egypt in April of last year, and now I am 6 months pregnant. I lived with him in Egypt for 10 months in all. We both decided that I should have the baby in Canada. This is due to many reasons, the biggest one is better prenatal and postnatal medical care for me and my baby here in Canada. I have seen the conditions of the hospitals there and would feel more comfortable to give birth in my own country.

I came home on June 1st 2009. Now my question is, we were told that he could probably apply for an Emergency Visa to attend the birth of the baby. Is this possible? and if so how do we go about in applying for one! There is not a lot of time left and I would like to start the process ASAP. Any help or tips would be sooooooooooo appreciated!! Thanks!

Sea
New Brunswick, Canada
With a Canadian spouse, there is not much chance that he will get a visitor visa, he can only apply. CHC will believe that his purpose is to remain permanently in Canada.

PMM

SeaMaiden

Jun 14, 2009
ok..thanks PMM...so then there is not much chance that he will be able to come for the birth then? We were told by someone who has worked in the immigration field over there that there are Emergency Visas available for cases like these ones but CHC does not give this info freely to people.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

SeaMaiden said:
ok..thanks PMM...so then there is not much chance that he will be able to come for the birth then? We were told by someone who has worked in the immigration field over there that there are Emergency Visas available for cases like these ones but CHC does not give this info freely to people.
No such animal as an "emergency visa" in what CHC considers an emergency, they would process a normal TRV quite quickly.

PMM

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can start outland sponsorship for him and then apply for a TRV. If you have already been approved to sponsor him (takes 38 days), then they may see it as him being less likely to overstay. If there are questions about his PR application, he will have to go back to Egypt for an interview anyway.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Leon said:
You can start outland sponsorship for him and then apply for a TRV. If you have already been approved to sponsor him (takes 38 days), then they may see it as him being less likely to overstay. If there are questions about his PR application, he will have to go back to Egypt for an interview anyway.
Except that with a spousal PR sponsorship/application in play there is very little chance that a TRV would be issued as it is for a temporary purpose, with a PR application the indication is that the applicant's intention is to remain permanently.

PMM