+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Emergency Medical insurance for visitors

jay_20

Jan 5, 2020
Hello there,
I am looking at emergency medical insurance for parents of age 74 years with pre existing condition. It would be great to know if someone could guide which insurance is easy to deal with in terms of claims processing?

I am looking at the sum insured for more than 100k so Manulife is not an option.

Reasonable quotes that came across are of RIMI Secure Travel and Away Care. Any one has any experience with this insurance?

Other higher pricey insurance is from Destination Canada and not sure its worth of paying extra $2000 than the above 2 insurances for Destination Canada insurance.

Please let me know if any one has any experience with RIMI secure travel or Away Care or Destination Canada emergency medical insurance.

Thank you.

lensky

Mar 8, 2023
Can someone have any recommendation. my mother in law is running out of a prescription for highblood, is there any doctor or clinic i can use to give her another prescription and how much?

hydrakanth

Star Member
Aug 17, 2020
Can someone have any recommendation. my mother in law is running out of a prescription for highblood, is there any doctor or clinic i can use to give her another prescription and how much?
You can walk in to any clinic which takes walk-ins and consult a doctor. Make sure to take old medications while your MIL goes to see the doctor. The doctor will prescribe generic locally available medications as alternatives. Note that you to pay out of pocket for your MIL's doctor visit.

hydrakanth

Star Member
Aug 17, 2020
Hello there,
I am looking at emergency medical insurance for parents of age 74 years with pre existing condition. It would be great to know if someone could guide which insurance is easy to deal with in terms of claims processing?

I am looking at the sum insured for more than 100k so Manulife is not an option.

Reasonable quotes that came across are of RIMI Secure Travel and Away Care. Any one has any experience with this insurance?

Other higher pricey insurance is from Destination Canada and not sure its worth of paying extra $2000 than the above 2 insurances for Destination Canada insurance.

Please let me know if any one has any experience with RIMI secure travel or Away Care or Destination Canada emergency medical insurance.

Thank you.
Check out Canadian LIC (canadianlic.com) or parentsupervisa.ca. They can give you some insurance quotes. Note that I don't have any affiliation with these guys.