+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Emergency Medical Costs

sagara

Star Member
Sep 16, 2009
I hope to land in toronto in September 2011. What i can do if we need medical assistance after landing. No major problems will occur may be some problems due to climate.In that case can we consult a doctor.How much it will cost (approximate)
i will bring some medicines prescribed by a doctor.(Travel medical insurance is very much expensive so i've decided not to go for it)
Pls advice

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can carry your usual prescription medicines for 3-4 months and some urgent medicines for cold, fever and allergic medicines etc according to your requirement. Consulting a doctor privately is very expensive and even temporary insurance is useless unless you really deserve it. For such temporary insurance there are deductibles and there is no coverage for ongoing treatments. So if you are in normal health, I don't think you may need an insurance. More over you can buy lot of "over the counter" medications in any pharmacy in Canada without consulting a doctor. There are some walk-in clinics in most of the areas where you can see physicians for usual sickness which will be below CAD 50/- per visit.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You should get accident and emergency insurance for the first 3 months. Maybe you feel it is expensive but it will be a lot more expensive if you break a bone or get sick and end up in hospital with no insurance.

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I fully agree with Leon for taking an accident and emergency medical insurance. No one can predict what would happen. During our landing and later for our 3 US trips I took medical insurance for me and my wife from pucher insurance ( Dan pucher ) which is comparatively cheaper. Fortunately we need not make any claims.