+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Emergency help.Return to Canada with study permit..

Navidnad63

Oct 29, 2017
Hello Everybody,

I am International student entered to Canada with study permit and visa valid until 2021, I started my first semester of fall 2017, after two month have been passed from my study, because of some family problem i returned to my home country and withdraw from the collage. I want to apply for new program start in September of 2018 and i want to return back to Canada on mentioned date.my question is , is it possible to return Canada with valid study permit,while i already withdraw from collage? It would not make some problem with me ?Should i informed CIC? How should i do that ?Thanks in advanced for your help.

Best,
Navid

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You'll need to apply for a new study permit once you're ready to return.

Your school will have notified CIC that you withdrew and this will result in CIC canceling your study permit.

Navidnad63

Oct 29, 2017
Thank you so much.it means that i dont need the apply for visa again .once my new admission get ready .I shoud apply it online or i can take it while i am enter the airport for the first time?!!

dingomingo

Star Member
Aug 25, 2017
You dont have to apply for a new study permit when you get admission in another college just change the DLI institute number on GCkey. When you’ll go back to Canada explain your situation to CBSA and they’ll let you go

Navidnad63

Oct 29, 2017
So what should i do now. I am got cofused.! I said wanna got my admission for fall of 2018 same collage but different campus.should i apply for new study permit or ...?!

Josselyn27

Oct 25, 2017
Hello Everybody,

I am International student entered to Canada with study permit and visa valid until 2021, I started my first semester of fall 2017, after two month have been passed from my study, because of some family problem i returned to my home country and withdraw from the collage. I want to apply for new program start in September of 2018 and i want to return back to Canada on mentioned date.my question is , is it possible to return Canada with valid study permit,while i already withdraw from collage? It would not make some problem with me ?Should i informed CIC? How should i do that ?Thanks in advanced for your help.

Best,
Navid
I'm in the same situation as yours. I don't know if I should apply for a new permit before heading to Canada.
Many people have told me that it shouldn't be a problem as long as you have a valid visa.
and there are some exception such as medical reason that the canada border will let you go.

Navidnad63

Oct 29, 2017
Yes i asked some people and they said they wouldnt be any problem but some other said you sould apply for new study permit but as long you have a visa tthere wouldnt be no problem enter the canada.i am just got cufused what shoud i do....