Interview........
none
Passport Req..
20-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2015
LANDED..........
14-12-2015
Well... This is my case, got my PR application running normally while in implied status while waiting for our new bridge, payed RPRF, Medicals arrived and they are waiting for Mexico to send my police records,we have work so hard to get our pemits and do our part here, successfully getting them and with no help at all from any immigration lawyer. Such a miracle it seems... Well, this week I got a call regarding a medical emergency in Mexico and I was told I could leave ofc, the problem is coming back to my husband and getting a visitors visa from Mexico and prove them in the entrance our case,since I am leaving in implied status I am losing it the moment I am out.
Well... I got a letter from cic regarding these and telling me that I will risk it and probably will be able to come back till the PR is done, which will take months, I just can't leave my husband that long for reasons.
I went to a lawyer to see if she could help me or guide me, the response was that all our successful applications in these 7 yearse were a MISTAKE from CIC, that she can't explain how on earth we managed to stay here, that we should have gone with her then told me she will do something... in time, that she needs to think. anw, I went to another lawyer to seek advice and was told that it is a risk at the moment and that he considers to wait at least for the bridge, then he can do something from me, that he didn't know how this other lawyer could told me she could help if it was evident it was impossible at the moment and the next one the same...

anw... I need advice in this matter, I am desperate and pretty much trapped here for now. If you managed to leave and come back please explain what you did, I am from Mexico and I was explained the wp I asked here are a no-entry type so I can't use it, I need a visitors visa to enter and then convince the agent somehow?
I am confused and everybody between cic and advisors are just throwing opposite info at us.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
canuck_in_uk said:
Your only option is to apply for a TRV to enter as a visitor.
Agreed. You need a TRV to re-enter Canada.

It's really impossible for any of us to say whether your TRV will be approved.

Frenchfrance

Jan 12, 2015
Hi Artecita,

I am from Mexico too and I have a lawyer who is helping me with my PR application. I have traveled to Mexico few times and also I have obtained the BWOP twice. I am 100% sure of the next information:

1) It doesn't matter if you get your work permit or not you still need TRV permit to enter to Canada. Work permit allows you to work in the country but not crossing the border. The TRV will allow you to enter the country but not to work. I will advise you to wait for the work permit, once you have it you can apply in Mexico for the TRV, it seems it takes about 7 days to issue the document. Having the work permit almost guarantee you will get the TRV document.

2) Leaving the country it means you have to apply for TRV as a tourist instead of as returning worker, so you have to proof you have funds, you have a job in mexico and you don't have intentions to stay in Canada or work without a work permit, in other words it is not going to be easy to get the TRV as tourist. In the event that you got your TRV and when you arrive to Canada if the work permit has been issued they will consider it valid and you will keep your status as temporary worker but if they haven't processed your application they will cancel the application because you have left the country.

For me it doesn't sound right what the first lawyer told you, I know that CIC can make mistakes but for seven years?? I think that CIC review your file every time that you renew whatever your status is here in Canada, I think 7 years are enough to detect if something is wrong.

good luck my friend!!