+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Embbasy in Mexico

F

Fernandita

I was told by my aunt who works at the SRE( Secretaria de Relaciones Exteriores) they deal a lot with the canadian embassy in Mexico that takes 2 or 3 years to process sponsorship in Mexico, and is faster here inland Canada... I got a letter from CIC Calgary that they review my case in February 2012 or longer... So I just completty confused...I want to make sure which way is the fastest cause if I take the outland I will have to leave the country and wait in Mexico until the application is done...

rachel6992

Star Member
Oct 31, 2009
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
April 5th 2010
Passport Req..
July 19th 2010
LANDED..........
August 11, 2010
Take a look at this site - http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/mexico-mexique/visas/times-delais.aspx?lang=eng

They say average processing time for spouse/partner apps is 6 months in 80% of the cases. Are you being sponsored by a spouse? If you're sponsoring a family member (mom, dad, etc) or they're sponsoring you, then it would likely take 2-3 years.

We're going through DF too, so I'll keep you posted on how ours goes..

F

Fernandita

Im being sponsor by spouse... Yes please let me know is really important to me to know the timeline cause depends on that im going to take a decision...

miljay

Dec 17, 2009
Rachel6992, Have you heard anything yet? My husband went for his interview 3 weeks ago and still nothing updated.....I feel like i am at the end of my rope!!!! Just hoping that someone has some good news!

rachel6992

Star Member
Oct 31, 2009
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
April 5th 2010
Passport Req..
July 19th 2010
LANDED..........
August 11, 2010
No, I haven't heard a thing! It's so frustrating! It's been about 6 weeks since Buffalo supposedly transferred our file to Mexico City. I tried to send an email inquiry to see if they've received it, but that was 2 weeks ago and I still haven't heard back from them. I don't know if they're overloaded or just slow in general (probably the latter!).

I heard it takes about a month or so after the interview to hear something. So maybe you'll get a notification any day now! We'll keep our fingers crossed for you :)

Good luck everyone!

miljay

Dec 17, 2009
Thanks! I wish you good luck as well! I am sure you will hear something soon regarding the receipt of your file. Your time lines are quite similar to mine. I am surprised that they haven't emailed you back yet. Usually I would get a response with in 1 week. But who knows, maybe they are busy or sloooowww, like you I tend to think the latter as well! ::)
Please do update if you hear anything and I will do the same!

Thanks for replying!

rachel6992

Star Member
Oct 31, 2009
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
April 5th 2010
Passport Req..
July 19th 2010
LANDED..........
August 11, 2010
Ok, I just got a response from CIC-Mexico (finally!!) from the email I sent them. We are "in process"!! Woo-hoo!!!

I'm just glad that somebody knows where our application is :) Nothing has been updated on Ecas and we never received an AOR from Mexico. I wonder if we're going to get one...

miljay

Dec 17, 2009
Congratulations! Finally is right! As for receiving a letter from them....My husband received 3 emails from them stating that they would mail the original letters he received only 1 and at that it took about a month and half to get it! As for ECAS, nothing has been updated for us either...it's been some time too...but the good news is....you are now in PROCESS!!!