+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Embassy will re open in may 2020

Drsunmeet Singh

Mar 26, 2020
Hi all it's very unfortunate that embassy will process student applications in may 2020 this is heart breaking as i have been told by reputed lawyers and also confirmed this from my Sheridan college .

demme343

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2012
Hi all it's very unfortunate that embassy will process student applications in may 2020 this is heart breaking as i have been told by reputed lawyers and also confirmed this from my Sheridan college .
you mean all application submetted before are halted?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Given the current emergency situation and fact colleges are currently closed nobody currently knows whether the colleges will even open again by May. So even if permits were approved now this is a possibility add to which any travel restrictions still in place. Heart breaking maybe but it is the reality and you are not alone with this challenge

getsthingsdone

Star Member
Feb 5, 2020
Is there any official communication in this regard?

There are thousands upon thousands of visa applications of all sorts that are being filed at any given time. They cannot just stop processing till May, the backlog will be too high and it will impact the entire next year as well.

Drsunmeet Singh

Mar 26, 2020
Yeah i can understand but unfortunately yes the college has confirmed the same in written communication with me so i believe 4 different sources can't be wrong

getsthingsdone

Star Member
Feb 5, 2020
Whatever you have mentioned is a very big matter. If embassies do not open till May 2020, that will be an economic disaster. Furthermore, the lives of thousands of students will be put in jeopardy.

I understand that if your college has sent such a email to you, they must have some source of information, but the same information would be publicly available as well so that everyone could access it.

I am unable to find such information.

Drsunmeet Singh

Mar 26, 2020
Yes i also doubt that because cic has also mentioned that they are processing visa but i haven't heard a single person coming out with any update so maybe my college is right ?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Whatever you have mentioned is a very big matter. If embassies do not open till May 2020, that will be an economic disaster. Furthermore, the lives of thousands of students will be put in jeopardy.

I understand that if your college has sent such a email to you, they must have some source of information, but the same information would be publicly available as well so that everyone could access it.

I am unable to find such information.
Reality is that worldwide this pandemic is an economic disaster anyway so an embassy maybe not opening until May or a delay in processing visas or an impact to a few future students is not in the scheme of things a real big concern. To an individual maybe an issue but better have living future students than not if simply means putting plans on hold until maybe the autumn.

Reactions: Anna828

getsthingsdone

Star Member
Feb 5, 2020
Reality is that worldwide this pandemic is an economic disaster anyway so an embassy maybe not opening until May or a delay in processing visas or an impact to a few future students is not in the scheme of things a real big concern. To an individual maybe an issue but better have living future students than not if simply means putting plans on hold until maybe the autumn.
A single day closure of an economy causes massive losses to a country. If a country is shut down for months together, that creates a situation from which recovery can take several years.

For any country, the priority is to get the country back on track asap. I personally do not know what will happen in this case.

However, I would like to see documentation that clearly says that the embassies/visa offices are closed. I have not seen that on any official source.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
This is not correct, just because an embassy is closed doesnt mean things are not beiong processed, of course there are matters of priority and there will be delays but they have not stopped processing applications. An application made online can also be processed anywhere not at just a particular embassy.

Drsunmeet Singh

Mar 26, 2020
This is not correct, just because an embassy is closed doesnt mean things are not beiong processed, of course there are matters of priority and there will be delays but they have not stopped processing applications. An application made online can also be processed anywhere not at just a particular embassy.
Yeah but i can't see any shine of hope right now

Meet577

Nov 4, 2019
Yeah i can understand but unfortunately yes the college has confirmed the same in written communication with me so i believe 4 different sources can't be wrong
Bro the thing is that if your visas won't process now is not that scary because if processing takes time let's say for may 2020 intake students then you will obviously be given a deferral to next intake (September and jan intake students have time so its not an issue if it gets delayed) but the thing that scares me is that i saw a video where the person says the application are getting refused in last 3-4 days of march end and i have filled my sds visa on 26th March for may 2020 intake and im really worried that because of this virus and uncertainty of entry, my application can be refused for no reason. Any views please share.

demme343

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2012
why ke
Bro the thing is that if your visas won't process now is not that scary because if processing takes time let's say for may 2020 intake students then you will obviously be given a deferral to next intake (September and jan intake students have time so its not an issue if it gets delayed) but the thing that scares me is that i saw a video where the person says the application are getting refused in last 3-4 days of march end and i have filled my sds visa on 26th March for may 2020 intake and im really worried that because of this virus and uncertainty of entry, my application can be refused for no reason. Any views please share.
its not true.donot worry .