App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
I do very appreciate your replies to this topic, MARLENA. Thank you very much.
Do you know whether it is possible to record or have a log of the web cam video session & video call on msn? have you ever tried it? sorry for so many questions

MARLENA

Mar 24, 2009
Personally I didn't log the type of option that you are referring to but i can check and let you know. As long you have emails, msn conversation, pictures, bills under both names, phone records, joint accounts if it possible. That should be enough.
The key they want to see if you know everything about each other and you are and still in contact with each other.
If you believe in your relationship that will help you go through it.
Good luck!!!

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
thank you for all your replies MARLENA - I do appreciate it in deed.
the matter is that the only way we talked was through msn messenger - we called each other on video & audio calls, as it was cheap & convenient. We are just trying to get a proof of that, as we do not have a phone bills. & that's why we get so worried about it.
I am wishing you a Good Luck too - we definitely need it all.

jambaloni

Star Member
Dec 23, 2008
Suin, I was just approved for sponsorship so I am early in the game. As a side note, I printed my chat logs on both sides of the page to reduce the number of pages. Obviously, 2000 would be a bit much. In that case, I would do as was suggested here by the other members and pick and choose a good enough sample that demonstrates communication and that it's a genuine relationship. For example, you might print logs from every week, instead of every day. If the 2000 represented 2000 days, then once a week would be roughly 285 pages of chat logs. Be reasonable, but don't hold back.

Be careful the advice you take - they aren't just looking to see that you have been communicating. They are looking to see if this appears to be a genuine relationship, so they will read what they feel is sufficient to be satisfied of this requirement. Give them something to read from every month you chatted. Give them something to read that presents them with a good strong sense of your genuine relationship.

To answer your question, yes, the first stage is just sponsorship. Pretty straightforward. Stage one simply assesses whether you meet the requirements to sponsor. Then it goes to the visa issuing country so the PR application can be assessed. That's where all your evidence will be reviewed and the "genuiness" of your relationship/marriage assessed.

Just my 2 cents.

smart_saqib143

Nov 21, 2008
mitamata said:
Here's what some people do:

the put all the emails in one folder and then they take a screenshot of that folder. That way the only thing shown is the number of emails and when they were sent. CIC don't care about everything you've said to each other, they just like to see that you are communicating on a regular basis. Doing this shows there is communication without overwhelming them with a big stack of papers.
To this, you can add one or two printed emails, just to show how you talk.
yes they do check what person writes, they will see your intentions in emails either emails are long or short and what you really talk your wife, is it all about Canada or there something that express your love to your wife its very important and something they will check in in love letters or post mail letters.

Liuzhou

Apr 11, 2009
Suin,

If you use MSN or Skype you can download free software at www.supertintin.com

You can record audio and video using your webcam.

I suppose you could then burn these videos on a CD if you need it.

I like to watch the videos when I feel I miss my wife... :(

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
that's really great software, it's a pity we did not know about it before getting married
I really do not know how to make a proof of using web cam & internet calls in our pre-marriage communication
msn chat record can show only - accept/decline web cam & calls - that's it

lisa_joanne_uk

Star Member
Apr 11, 2009
UK
At least you will be able to show you communicated, it wont show what was said like normal msn conversations but i guess in its own right it is still proof that you communicated and it will show the time and date that it took place.
The software is a good idea for personal use but for your application you cant send discs or tapes.

mitamata

Nov 21, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2009
AOR Received.
27-03-2009
Med's Done....
03-12-2008
Passport Req..
29-04-2009
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2009
LANDED..........
27-07-2009
Consider using Skype. It keeps a history of all your calls - who you called, when and how long the call was. I sent the history of our calls for the last year and a half.

Liuzhou

Apr 11, 2009
Just make sure with any chat software like Skype, MSN or Yahoo that your preferences are to save the chat history.

I've read of some folks that didn't change this setting (normally under "preferances") and they erroneously thought they had a record of all their chats.

Also, in Skype make sure you change the setting to keep your chat records forever. If you are really paranoid about losing your information and want to make a back-up using Skype, follow these instructions:

Go to:

Start
Run
Type: %appdata%
Folder Skype
(You may have a seperate folder under your username.)
your chats are all over in the different dbb files.
Copy and paste all the dbb files on a Flash Drive or CD.
You can read them with any editor - not scrambled
You will find the text among a lot of control characters
Copy and past them to any text software

Another option is within Skype type /htmlhistory (as though you were chatting with someone). This will save your entire chat history in html format with that person. If it is a lot of history it can take a while to run. When finished do a "save as" and then copy that onto another media for safekeeping.

Regards

saralune

Star Member
Mar 17, 2009
Visa Office......
lima
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-2009
Doc's Request.
11-2011
Med's Request
15-11-2011
Med's Done....
17-11-2011
Interview........
02-11-2011
Passport Req..
15-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
09-12-2011, pick up friday !
if i am not mistaken, dvd, tapes.. any audio or video support can not be submtted as proof.....so you can record all of your conversation for yourself, but it wont do any good for the application itself

Liuzhou

Apr 11, 2009
Saralune,

You are correct. As indicated, I was giving instructions how to make a back-up. I didn't do this and lost about 6 weeks of chats when my hard drive crashed and I lost everything.

My wife wasn't saving our chat's because her Skype was not set up to keep chat history, and she was under the impression it was doing so automatically.

So I suggest people make back-ups of their chat records since often time this is one of the major records they use to prove on going communication.

Spending 5 minutes per week or per month can save a lot of stress if your hard drive crashes and you lose everything.

Boncuk

Nov 15, 2008
That is excellent advice Liuzhou! I think some people didn't understand the previous post! I know I lost many text files when my hard drive crashed I wish I had thought of that lol

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
Just a question-advice, when submitting the emails, shall we highlight the ones that are the most significant - like engagement, wedding plans, holidays, etc. And what is the best amount to send? I don't think they will be so happy to have 100 pages of the correspondence of two people, though if they wish we can make a book for them to read at night with those 2000 & + emails we have :)

soldier123

May 6, 2009
Hi guys

Same subject. I have over 1000 msn chat logs but everything in spanish. It's impossible translate and certify everything to english...I would buy a house with this money.

What are the options do i have in this case?