24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
Hello,
could you please advise how many emails are required to be sent as a proof of the relationship? We have over 200, & I don't think they are interested to read them all. :)
thank you

habib890

Mar 30, 2008
Suin said:
Hello,
could you please advise how many emails are required to be sent as a proof of the relationship? We have over 200, & I don't think they are interested to read them all. :)
thank you
- Here you go! As you mentioned they are not interested to read 200emails, you already know your answer.
Just use common sense. There is no concrete rules on number of emails. As long as the communication between you and your spouse is there that is enough for an IO to understand.

mitamata

Nov 21, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2009
AOR Received.
27-03-2009
Med's Done....
03-12-2008
Passport Req..
29-04-2009
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2009
LANDED..........
27-07-2009
Here's what some people do:

the put all the emails in one folder and then they take a screenshot of that folder. That way the only thing shown is the number of emails and when they were sent. CIC don't care about everything you've said to each other, they just like to see that you are communicating on a regular basis. Doing this shows there is communication without overwhelming them with a big stack of papers.
To this, you can add one or two printed emails, just to show how you talk.

ariell

Oct 9, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I called CIC when I was doing our application last fall. They said that they want to see all of your emails so I sent 200+ emails. Up to them if they want to read them or not. I deleted a few that were very personal and blacked out some lines in others but otherwise it was everything.

jambaloni

Star Member
Dec 23, 2008
I agree with ariell, I got the same response from CIC. So I sent them everything. The box weighed 10 lbs. Sending a large amount of proof can't hurt you in my opinion. The trick is to avoid them not being convinced and asking for more proof. I didn't want that delay so they have everything. If they don't need it all then that's fine. This is the most important thing in my life right now, so I wasn't about to hold back. To qualify, though, everything was very well organized and detailed. Chat records organized according to month in their own manila envelope, 150 pics with writing on back indicating what and who is depicted, and lots more. This way, they can choose how much they want to read but they certainly won't be asking where the proof is.

That's my opinion but other members might have a different opinion. I would lean towards opinions of those who were approved without delay or requests for further information. If you look on trackitt, you will see a high number of folks who were asked for further documentation. I did a lot of research before I sent mine to Mississauga. I built the application with the mindset that absolutely nothing could be requested because there is absolutely nothing missing and our marriage/relationship comes across as obviously genuine.

In my opinion more is better as long as it is all relevant and contributes to painting a clear picture of a genuine relationship/marriage to the IO. If you feel that you can paint a clear and convincing picture with less, then I would say that is better. For us, we had a few flags (i.e., a short time from meeting to marriage and age difference) so I felt it was better to give them as much as we had. I suppose every case is different. I would simply look at what you are planning to send and ask yourself if it comes across as very convincing that it's a genuine marriage/relationship.

Bottom line, sending a lot can't hurt you. Sending a little can. Let them have it. They asked for proof, so give it to them. A lot of applicants get requests for further proof. Avoid this request and avoid a delay.

Just my 2 cents.

Cheers

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
thank you for all the replies, & special thanks to jambaloni - it looks like we are in the same boat. What stage of the application you are now?
kindest regards

MARLENA

Mar 24, 2009
When you call CIC they tell you different things.
I called them and they confirmed send about one per month or two but NOT EVERY SINGLE OF THEM when you have a thousands they suggested to attach a letter and explain you have many and if they like to see them all than they will requested later. They confirmed the same for the prepaid phone cards. I sent only 2 emails per month and did a screen shot to show how many we had written from the beginning of our relationship and provided an explanation when it was sent

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
thank you for your reply.
I actually have made a mistake - we have more than 2000 emails (not 200 as I mistakenly mentioned above). I was unsure if they have any patience & will to read all 2000 printed emails, though that is not a problem for us to submit them all.
We are just wondering which of them to send - the ones that we consider can act as a proof of our relationship for them?
thank you

MARLENA

Mar 24, 2009
All they want to see that you are in contact with each other. Perhaps they will read few of them but provide the one you believe that is a strong evidence toward your relationship. If they want to read 2000 emails believe me it won't only take them 3 weeks to approve first stage on your application and that was the explanation given during my call.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
do they check the genuineness of the marriage on the 1st stage? I thought they do not & the major checks start as soon as the sponsorship is approved & transferred to the outland visa office

MARLENA

Mar 24, 2009
I know they check mostly If you are able to sponsor them. This part I believe it's the second stage.

When your letter of approval is received as a sponsor and if you read through it it's written in the letter if they need additional documents and information from your relatives or spouses the visa office abroad may ask for it.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
thank you. do you have any ideas about the msn? we always used msn chat, video & calls to keep in touch - that was more convenient & charge free for us. what could act as a proof of it - how can we proof the web cam & call using msn if it was not recorded... & actually I don't see any possible way of having them recorded?
thank you

MARLENA

Mar 24, 2009
I logged all my chat with my husband for future references. I took a print shot and sent them along with the application. To be able to log your chat sessions it's an option that you have indicate in msn.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
please do explain what log means? you mean all the chat records? yes we have lots of it - possible to have a book written. how many pages do they need as a proof?
unfortunately that log shows only - accept the web call & audio call, but msn has no feature of recording it

MARLENA

Mar 24, 2009
When you chat you can save all your conversation. I saved all of them since the start of our relationship. I didn't print them all since I have a lot. I printed the one that I believe in my opinion it can be helpful for my case.
MSN to be able to log you conversation you go to Options in the tool bar, messages, automatically, keep a history of my conversations and you can save them in your documents file.