+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Email regarding biometrics

hnamson

Sep 17, 2019
Hello, I sent in my Inland PR Family class sponsorship with an OWP in early Sept 2020. I have yet to receive any word back besides that my application was delivered.

Today i was going through my emails and stumbled across an email that i copied below. Can anyone help me out with what my next step should be regarding biometrics? When i sent in my application i was told that i didnt need to bother with the biometrics part. Can anyone give me their professional opinion on what i should do or who i should contact next?

Reminder – Biometrics Fee

This letter refers to your application for permanent residence. As of December 3, 2019, you need to give biometrics when you apply from within Canada. You need to give your biometrics and pay the fee, even if you gave your biometrics in the past to support a visitor visa, study or work permit application, or a different permanent resident application. If you’re between 14 and 79 years old, you and your accompanying dependents (who are 14 years of age or older), will need to give your fingerprints and photo (biometrics) for all permanent resident applications. This letter is a reminder to submit the Biometrics fee if you did not include it with your application submission. In order to avoid delays with your application, you must submit the Biometrics fee to this office by 2020- 10-18 (formatted as “year-month-day”). If your application submission meets the completeness requirements, we will send you the Biometrics Instruction letter after we get your biometrics fee.