+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Email notification or online application update after landing?

i_luv_cannata

Sep 26, 2017
Hi all,

I just completed my landing in Vancouver last Sunday, and the process at the immigration office went pretty smoothly. A few routine questions, and voila! the officer said "congratulations, you are new a permanent resident". I signed the CoPR, and took back my copy. I gave a temporary mailing address for them to mail the PR card, and came back to the US.

Now, will I get an email notification or update to my online application when they have received or started processing my PR card? Or, will I just get notified after they have mailed out the PR card after the estimated 61 days of processing?

Thanks for your help & information!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
No email notification. The online records will eventually be updated (my husband's took several months). PR card will probably come first.

i_luv_cannata

Sep 26, 2017
No email notification. The online records will eventually be updated (my husband's took several months). PR card will probably come first.
Thanks scylla. Wow, it is hard to be in suspense, after such close tracking of status up until this stage. I followed the advice of folks on this forum and rented a UPS mailbox, and gave that as the address. It does not say "PO box" but only "suite". Not sure if that would cause any issues??

alimzlm

Star Member
Jul 12, 2011
Hi i_luv_cannata
Try to link your PR card application and track the status of your card on mycic.

Follow below step for linking PR card application

First, you have to login into My CIC account

1 .Then on home page you will be able to see one button called "Linked my application"
2. Click on that button and after that you have to select "PR card" as a option from drop down
3. Try to find your application details with UCI and Family name
4. Enter city of your birth same as per your passport (make sure you are entering same city name as per your passport for e.g if your city name is like this ABC, XYZ then enter the same details in CIC)
5. Enter correct landing date and click on "Search application"

if your all the entered details will match with CIC record then you will able to see one button called "Link my application" click on that and that's it. you are good to see your application details

I hope this detail will help you

i_luv_cannata

Sep 26, 2017
Hi i_luv_cannata
Try to link your PR card application and track the status of your card on mycic.

Follow below step for linking PR card application

First, you have to login into My CIC account

1 .Then on home page you will be able to see one button called "Linked my application"
2. Click on that button and after that you have to select "PR card" as a option from drop down
3. Try to find your application details with UCI and Family name
4. Enter city of your birth same as per your passport (make sure you are entering same city name as per your passport for e.g if your city name is like this ABC, XYZ then enter the same details in CIC)
5. Enter correct landing date and click on "Search application"

if your all the entered details will match with CIC record then you will able to see one button called "Link my application" click on that and that's it. you are good to see your application details

I hope this detail will help you
Thanks alimzlm, I was able to link my application. I also wanted to check if the mailing address that I gave at immigration is correctly entered in the system. But when I try to use the "Change My Address" option and enter the details, it doesn't recognize me. Is there a waiting period for my profile to become active?

wolfman2017

Star Member
May 5, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-07-2015
AOR Received.
28-07-2015
Passport Req..
27-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
22-09-2015
Thanks scylla. Wow, it is hard to be in suspense, after such close tracking of status up until this stage. I followed the advice of folks on this forum and rented a UPS mailbox, and gave that as the address. It does not say "PO box" but only "suite". Not sure if that would cause any issues??
Hi,

Can you please provide more details of UPS mailbox? I am also planning to use one.

Which city? What is the rate? What is the process of setting up?