+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Email from IRCC for PRTD on H & C grounds


Star Member
Mar 27, 2011
I have received the below mail from permanent-resident-card@cic.gc.ca. As case was on H & C grounds & required documents including passports already submitted on online portal? Then why this letter? is this standard letter or I need to send these documents again? If yes how to send? by replying this mail only as on the portal cant upload documents again

This is in reference to your permanent residence travel document application. In order for us to assess that you meet the residency requirements, we require the following documents:

Ø Complete copy of all pages (including blank pages) of your passport(s)/travel document(s) held in the last 5 years.

Ensure all pages are clearly legible.

Ø Personal immigration entry/exit record or movement certificate issued by the countries where you have travelled (where applicable if passport history is not available/complete).

Ø Credible evidence of having been physically present in Canada in the last 5-year period (applicable if claiming to meet residency requirements based on physical presence)
For example: Canadian Income Tax Notice of Assessment (NOA) for the past two (2) years, doctor’s visits, pay slips, banking information, migration certificate, school/university report card, etc.)

Ø A police report for the loss or theft of your Permanent Resident Card (if applicable).

Ø Explanation as to why you believe that you have met your residency obligations as per s.28 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.

Ø Explanation letter and documentary evidence that your Canadian spouse has been living with you outside of Canada, including all passports or other travel documents that the person you are accompanying used in the five (5) years before the application and documents showing the citizenship of the person you are accompanying, including the date the person became a Canadian citizen (applicable if claiming to meet residency requirements based on accompanying a Canadian citizen abroad).

Ø Job letter issued by the Canadian company where you have been working (applicable if claiming to meet residency requirements based on employment abroad with a Canadian company).

Ø Any other document you want us to consider.

Please note

All documents must be accompanied by English or French translations. When original documents are requested, notarised documents are not acceptable.

The above information/documents must be received in our office within 15 days from the date of this letter. Failure to do so could result in the refusal of your application and loss of permanent resident status. Please quote your complete application number on your correspondence and address your correspondence to the Embassy, High commission or Consulate processing your application