+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Email from CIC that PR card renewal needs secondary review

MatQue

Star Member
Aug 14, 2016
Frank_vt1 said:
Hi MatQue,
My mom has almost same timeline as you and still waiting. have you tried to call them recently?
Hi Frank_vt1,

I haven't tried to call because I am outside Canada, so I don't think it's possible. What I did to try getting a piece of information was requesting an ATIP file one week ago.

Which city does your mom live? I sent my process from Montreal and then had to leave the country to finish Ph.D.

Take care.

error 34

Feb 19, 2017
I JUST CAME TO KNOW THAT MY MOM HAS HEART ATTACK ON TUESDAY AND SHE IS ADMITTED IN CARDIOLOGY CENTER WHERE ANGIOGRAPHY WAS DONE AND ADVISED A HEART BYPASS WHICH IS SCHEDULED ON 11 TH April.

Can any body advise what type of doctor note is required for urgent processing.

Frank_vt1

Aug 5, 2016
MatQue said:
Hi Frank_vt1,

I haven't tried to call because I am outside Canada, so I don't think it's possible. What I did to try getting a piece of information was requesting an ATIP file one week ago.

Which city does your mom live? I sent my process from Montreal and then had to leave the country to finish Ph.D.

Take care.
We send the request from Toronto. My dad PR came 1 month ago but my mom still waiting. I sent both same time.

jungshan

Apr 2, 2016
Hi,

I sent my application on Aug.2016
My file went to secondary review in Oct.2016.

I want to know the current status of their processing.
would it be helpful to send inquiry via IRCC Web Form?
Wondering if I can receive any useful information from IRCC.

Also, is it possible to call IRCC call center from abroad to ask the status of processing?
if so, what telephone number should I use outside Canada?

Thanks in advance for your advice!!

ibry

Jul 25, 2010
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
error 34 said:
I JUST CAME TO KNOW THAT MY MOM HAS HEART ATTACK ON TUESDAY AND SHE IS ADMITTED IN CARDIOLOGY CENTER WHERE ANGIOGRAPHY WAS DONE AND ADVISED A HEART BYPASS WHICH IS SCHEDULED ON 11 TH April.

The letter i used for my grandpa was short and precise. His doctor said he is the family physician and confirms his condition stating that my grandpa would love to see me one last time before he expires

ibry

Jul 25, 2010
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
MatQue said:
Thanks Ibry... So, the two over five-year period to keep the RO starts from this date?

Take care!
Yes that is correct from date of printing 2022

error 34

Feb 19, 2017
ibry said:
The letter i used for my grandpa was short and precise. His doctor said he is the family physician and confirms his condition stating that my grandpa would love to see me one last time before he expires
I CAN GET A LETTER HEART CENTER THAT THIS LADY IS GETTING OPERATED ON SUCH AND SUCH DATE, THE LETTER HAS HER NAME AND DATE OF OPERATION.

nrkumar4004

Feb 16, 2017
Hello Every One,

I got a communication from CIC today. My file was sent for a secondary review in Oct 2016. I got a letter from them and they have asked me to provide following document within 30 days.

A. Color copy of all pages of my passport.

b. And my entry/exit record or Certificate of movement from all the countries I have been in last 5 years. Does any one has gone through this process. Any input and information will be helpful and highly apppericiated.

The countries I have been in last 5 years are :

1. India ( visited few times )
2. USA ( Was working there )
3. Thailand ( visited there for couple of days )
4. Canada ( presently living and working )

Please let me know if anyone in forum can provide me any information as how to get this information.

Thanks.

abigail129

Jan 29, 2017
Ratings: +0

Re: Email from CIC that PR card renewal needs secondary review
« Reply #1688 on: February 25, 2017, 12:36:30 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote Remove messageRemove
Hi guys,

I've been on this thread for days now just wanna share my second review timeline for everybody, hope this could be helpful.

We received your application for a permanent resident card on August 15, 2016.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on September 12, 2016.
We started processing your application on September 12, 2016.
*I received an E-mail indicating that my application was sent to Second Review Process on October 15, 2016.
Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on February 24, 2017.

It took 6 months or so since I sent the application, it was not that bad for me, I think CIC is getting more efficient to deal with those cases.

Wish all you guys good luck!

maxshiau

Feb 25, 2017
Good to know you are getting it, so with secondary, the turn around time is 6 months from email notification? I sent the color copies of passport together with some other supporting documents back within 5 days being notified to do so.
I am asking because i too was sent to secondary in December. My application was submitted a little later then yours, but i was prepared for this when i came back from my studies abroad, i kept all the boarding cards and all the student visa cards from Europe, so that the days will add up no mater how hard they try to split the hairs. The boarding cards plus my passport never being stamp is a good give away i have not left the country for a good 2 years and then some.

But anyways my two questions are as follows.

1st:If they pass the C6 bill later this year, does it mean we can apply for citizenship straight away? my two years was up in November 2016, so by this year November 2017 I would have 3 years. Can i apply? or does it start when i received my renewed PR card?

2nd: Since I know for sure that i have enough days when i submitted (even had a immigration lawyer look over it) and then even added 2 weeks buffer before i submitted, can i leave for a week and expect my application to be ok?

jungshan

Apr 2, 2016
Hi,

I am happy that my application was finally approved.
my time line is :

- sent application in Aug.16
- started processing in Sept.16
- went to secondary review in Oct.16
- ECAS shows that my PR card was sent in Feb.24.17

I expect the card to reach my hands in a couple days.
I am relieved that my application was approved earlier what I expected. Looks like that IRCC is speeding up the processing recently
Sincerely hope that all of you will receive the card very soon !!!
Thanks for sharing useful information.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Quote from: MatQue on February 23, 2017, 01:16:09 pm
Thanks Ibry... So, the two over five-year period to keep the RO starts from this date?

Take care!

Yes that is correct from date of printing 2022
That would be incorrect. If you have renewed your PR card, the RO is on a 5 year rolling basis, meaning, at any point in the last 5 years you must meet the RO. As an example, if you landed on January 1 2010, left in June 2011 and then returned June 2014 and applied to renew in January 2015, you would be in compliance. If you received your card January 2015 and left again once you received it and returned January 2017, the first 2 years would have dropped off and you would no longer meet the RO. This could result in you being reported at entry. After the first renewal, the Permanent Resident must maintain the RO at all times.

vkjaintoronto

Aug 1, 2012
MatQue said:
Here's the updated list ordered by secondary review referral date.

Dec 2015: tonymiz✔, Mrmr*, rbrar14*
Jan 2016: Osama912✔, bahaar*, harshalp✔, KITJ, quari_gupta08✔
Feb 2016: vop✔, kwtangerine✔, clc70✔, Mrmr*, NSL✔
Mar 2016: Peymanp✔, Chrome✔, Ramik, Brenttristan✔, bob27✔, peace65✔, jnasarat, brent16✔, ALGHope✔, mmha✔ harry2015✔, MagedYousef
Apr 2016: decent guy 3, Frank_vt1✔, US123 <hubby &wife>✔, enmbs✔, TonyL✔, Frenchie1980✔
May 2016: MatQue, davidT321✔, marieh123✔
Jun 2016: Chuc✔, torhout13*✔, Blueboy1980✔
Jul 2016: Loulita✔, Kissyred*✔, Dribble✔
Aug2016: shu0322✔, BetSu*, Cameron2020,
Sep 2016: quasar81, Saga✔
Oct. 2016: Penguin23, Happy123456789, Ramkris*, ohalawani, *_GAK_*
Nov2016: peardroppop, Sayadil, jaycue, elie72✔
Dec 2016 : Asif007, ibry

* indicates additional information/documents requested
✔ indicates PR card approved

Dear All

My Goodnews :) :) to my forum Friends , Regular Reader who now got Pr Card after SR letter in Sept 2016 :( :( I was so depressed and sad from 7 months and now very happy finally as due to this i was not able to go to my home country and meet my parents and now i can !!!

my timeline is as under for everyone

APP DATE- JULY 2016, AOR DATE- AUG 2016, IP DATE -- AUG 2016 SR DATE --SEPT 2016
PRC SEND BY MAIL 19 FEB 2017 AND RECIEVED ON 23 FEB 2017 TOTAL TIME IN SR 5 MONTHS AND OVERALL TIME 7 MONTHS

i was constantly checking this forum from 7 months 3 times/day and finally relieved as i got PR Card

my total Days was 836 days in last 5 years and hence was stuck in this SR . i am sure all others will come out who are in SR and be relieved and i am waiting billc6 so that i can apply for citizenship without delay.

Matque , you can addme IN SEPT 2016 updated list ordered by secondary review referral date and put yes tick mark near me :D :D :D

sbag_in

Jul 15, 2014
TORONTO
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-MARCH, 2014
Doc's Request.
NONE
AOR Received.
14-MAY(aor1) / 31-JUL(aor2)
File Transfer...
15-JULY, 2014, IP- OCT-30
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
29-JAN, 2014
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
and D.M. on NOV-3, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
received on : 10TH NOV, 2014
LANDED..........
Jan -18, 2015
Hi, guys...
I am also one of those whose application went for a secondary review...
Here are my circumstances and timeline.

Came to Canada as a PR on May 7, 2009, after my dad sponsored me.. went back to India on Jun ,02, 2009 (as i was in my med school) with my PR card, which was valid till May,07,2014. Came back to Canada on Feb 19,2014, after graduation, with intention to settle and continue my Medical studies, which I am doing right now. There was not one single question asked at the port of entry, Pearson, Toronto. I was prepared for an interview given my long leave of absence and the fact that my PR card was expiring in less then 6 months. Sponsored my wife in March 2014. I did not have a full time job at that time, but, had all my taxes filed since 2009. She came in Jan 2015 (application was approved in November 2014). I obviously qualified for pr card renewal on feb 2016 but I waited till july, 2016. and here is what my E-cas says.

We received your application for a permanent resident card on July 22, 2016.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on August 24, 2016.
We started processing your application on August 25, 2016.
received secondary review email on Sept 26, 2016
Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on February 19, 2017. (date on PR card is feb,15 2017)

Incidentally I went to my local MP's office on Jan 28,2016. they called Sydney, CPC. nothing fruitful came out of that meeting. MP's office just told me they were still processing my application.. but somehow I feel, that call made them take up my file.. I suggest anyone still waiting, pay your MP a visit.. no harm done right...

Also in all my dealings with CIC/IRCC, I have noticed one thing.. If you are lawfully correct and have sent a complete application with no mistakes, your application might be delayed but not denied.

well all the best..
Sam

P.S. the timeline you see on my profile is my wife's sponsorship application

sbag_in

Jul 15, 2014
TORONTO
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-MARCH, 2014
Doc's Request.
NONE
AOR Received.
14-MAY(aor1) / 31-JUL(aor2)
File Transfer...
15-JULY, 2014, IP- OCT-30
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
29-JAN, 2014
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
and D.M. on NOV-3, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
received on : 10TH NOV, 2014
LANDED..........
Jan -18, 2015
error 34 said:

buy a return ticket and send a photocopy of that along with a doctor's note.. the note should clearly mention the diagnosis and the fact that your mom would love to see you at this time.

all the best.