+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Email from CIC that PR card renewal needs secondary review

AJK_9

Jun 30, 2012
Hi Mishoolak & clfh

Can you please post your concern on the thread "Secondary Review Petition", we are planning for Petition, if you are interested please follow this link to share:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/secondary-review-petition-t399342.0.html

Thanks

Kovil

Star Member
Jan 27, 2015
clfh said:
Dear all,

Here is my husband time line:
PR CARD RENEWAL Applied - July 2014
Received - August 2014
Start Proceed - December 2014
Secondary review - January 2015
additional document request - July 2015W
additional document delivered - October 2015
have our MP to help - January 20116
got an answer " We remain hopeful that your husband's file will be reviewed soon." from the MP - February 2016
No further information since then

I and my children are all Canadian, but CIC doesn't care and MP has the same attitude with CIC. " Wait "
We really don't understand how the system works.
Thank you for the update. Is there any reason for delay......like mine I have too many entry and exit to gulf and India, lots of stamps. So just want to know to relate the reason as to why they r doing this. A small request kindly msg if any update from cic.....just a hope as I am Aug 2014 applicate.

clfh

Feb 23, 2016
Kovil said:
Thank you for the update. Is there any reason for delay......like mine I have too many entry and exit to gulf and India, lots of stamps. So just want to know to relate the reason as to why they r doing this. A small request kindly msg if any update from cic.....just a hope as I am Aug 2014 applicate.
My husband doesn't have too many stamps as he only went & back from Taiwan as he has to take care my mother in law in hospital. We do not know why CIC are doing this. Even MP can not help also.

heeradeepak

Jun 1, 2014
Kovil said:
Kovil this is punishment of exit entry stamps my wife citizenship application was delayed 3 years because of gulf stamps and now i am facing same problems due to these stamps.

So be patience and pray to God. CIC have no interest in permanent residents they focus only in refugees applications and all staff working very hard to clear these files in hours, days or maximum some weeks but our PR renewal can wait one or two years.

AJK_9

Jun 30, 2012
No Heeradeepak

It may be assumption for Gulf stamps (I may be wrong), I don't have any Gulf Stamps, only visits to India and USA. At present no assumption is working....no one knows what they are doing..difficult to describe in words....let's Pray for good

heeradeepak

Jun 1, 2014
AJK_9 said:
No Heeradeepak

It may be assumption for Gulf stamps (I may be wrong), I don't have any Gulf Stamps, only visits to India and USA. At present no assumption is working....no one knows what they are doing..difficult to describe in words....let's Pray for good
[/quote

Yes AJK you are right so many applicants with USA stamps are also in same boat.

heeradeepak

Jun 1, 2014
Wow coming very soon end of C24

Authority to revoke citizenship for certain acts against the national interest of Canada. These grounds include convictions of terrorism, high treason, treason or spying offences, depending on the sentence received, or for membership in an armed force or organized armed group engaged in armed conflict with Canada.
Proposed Amendments: Repeal national interest grounds for revocation
Proposed Date for Coming into Force: At Royal Assent
Applicants must have the intention to reside in Canada if granted citizenship
Proposed Amendments: Repeal intent to reside provision
Physical presence for 4 out of 6 years before the date of application
Proposed Amendments: Physical presence for 3 out of 5 years before the date of application
Proposed Date for Coming into Force: At a date to be determined by the Governor in Council
Time spent in Canada as a non-permanent resident may not be counted.
Proposed Amendments: Applicants may count each day they were physically present in Canada as a temporary resident or protected person before becoming a permanent resident as a half-day toward meeting the physical presence requirement for citizenship, up to a maximum of one year of credited time.
Proposed Date for Coming into Force: At a date to be determined by the Governor in Council
Minimum of 183 days physical presence in 4 of the last 6 years
Proposed Amendments: Repeal the minimum 183 days physical presence in 4 of the last 6 years.
Applicants aged 14-64 must meet language requirements and pass knowledge test
Proposed Amendments: Applicants aged 18-54 must meet language requirements and pass knowledge test.
File Canadian income taxes, if required to do so under the Income Tax Act, for four taxation years out of six years, matching physical presence requirement
Proposed Amendments: File Canadian income taxes, if required to do so under the Income Tax Act, for three taxation years out of five years, matching proposed new physical presence requirement
Time spent serving a conditional sentence order can be counted towards meeting physical presence requirements. Convicted individuals who are serving conditional sentence orders (sentences served in the community with certain conditions) are not prohibited from being granted citizenship or taking the oath of citizenship
Proposed Amendments: Time spent under a conditional sentence order cannot be counted towards meeting the physical presence requirements; and those serving a conditional sentence order are prohibited from being granted citizenship or taking the oath of citizenship
Provision prohibiting applicants from taking the oath of citizenship if they never met or no longer meet the requirements for the grant of citizenship, but does not apply to applications received before June 11, 2015
Proposed Amendments: Provision prohibiting applicants from taking the oath of citizenship if they never met or no longer meet the requirements for the grant of citizenship also applies to applications still in process that were received prior to June 11, 2015
No explicit authority for citizenship officers to seize fraudulent documents related to the processing of applications
Proposed Amendments: Authority to seize documents provided during the administration of the Citizenship Act if there are reasonable grounds to believe they are fraudulent, or being used fraudulently.

Search for related information by keyword
Hon. John McCallum Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada Government and Politics

Date modified: 2016-02-25

AJK_9

Jun 30, 2012
heeradeepak said:
Wow coming very soon end of C24

Authority to revoke citizenship for certain acts against the national interest of Canada. These grounds include convictions of terrorism, high treason, treason or spying offences, depending on the sentence received, or for membership in an armed force or organized armed group engaged in armed conflict with Canada.
Proposed Amendments: Repeal national interest grounds for revocation
Applicants must have the intention to reside in Canada if granted citizenship
Proposed Amendments: Repeal intent to reside provision
Physical presence for 4 out of 6 years before the date of application
Proposed Amendments: Physical presence for 3 out of 5 years before the date of application
Time spent in Canada as a non-permanent resident may not be counted.
Proposed Amendments: Applicants may count each day they were physically present in Canada as a temporary resident or protected person before becoming a permanent resident as a half-day toward meeting the physical presence requirement for citizenship, up to a maximum of one year of credited time.
Minimum of 183 days physical presence in 4 of the last 6 years
Proposed Amendments: Repeal the minimum 183 days physical presence in 4 of the last 6 years.
Applicants aged 14-64 must meet language requirements and pass knowledge test
Proposed Amendments: Applicants aged 18-54 must meet language requirements and pass knowledge test.
File Canadian income taxes, if required to do so under the Income Tax Act, for four taxation years out of six years, matching physical presence requirement
Proposed Amendments: File Canadian income taxes, if required to do so under the Income Tax Act, for three taxation years out of five years, matching proposed new physical presence requirement
Time spent serving a conditional sentence order can be counted towards meeting physical presence requirements. Convicted individuals who are serving conditional sentence orders (sentences served in the community with certain conditions) are not prohibited from being granted citizenship or taking the oath of citizenship
Proposed Amendments: Time spent under a conditional sentence order cannot be counted towards meeting the physical presence requirements; and those serving a conditional sentence order are prohibited from being granted citizenship or taking the oath of citizenship
Provision prohibiting applicants from taking the oath of citizenship if they never met or no longer meet the requirements for the grant of citizenship, but does not apply to applications received before June 11, 2015
Proposed Amendments: Provision prohibiting applicants from taking the oath of citizenship if they never met or no longer meet the requirements for the grant of citizenship also applies to applications still in process that were received prior to June 11, 2015
No explicit authority for citizenship officers to seize fraudulent documents related to the processing of applications
Proposed Amendments: Authority to seize documents provided during the administration of the Citizenship Act if there are reasonable grounds to believe they are fraudulent, or being used fraudulently.

Search for related information by keyword
Hon. John McCallum Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada Government and Politics

Date modified: 2016-02-25
It seems good but what about PR Renewal and Secondary Review....

hanKK

Sep 4, 2015
Hey guys, Just want to let you know of my timeline. My PR card was finally approved after exactly 1 year. It got updated on the system only today (after 1 month). But I had called them around 3 weeks ago, and they told me the card was sent for production. Therefore, I would say the online system has a months delay. Here is my timeline:

1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on January 27, 2015.
2. We started processing your application on March 23, 2015.
3. We sent you a letter on March 23, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
4. Your request for a permanent resident card was approved on January 27, 2016. Your Permanent resident card will be mailed to you or if quality assurance is required, made available for you to pick up at a CIC office.

Also my card was already expired by the time I applied.

Wish you all the best of luck. Be patient, it might take a year but it will finally get approved.

Sukhi_7

Feb 19, 2016
Re: Act to amend the Citizenship Act

Good News after long time. Many will be benefited and can apply for Citizenship without waiting for PR card when approved new regulations.