+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Email from CIC that PR card renewal needs secondary review

Kuttykutty

Star Member
Mar 3, 2015
@EDDYIT
Yes it is a feeling of relief!
Wish and pray all those who are waiting patiently, Good Luck and hope all of you get it soon...
All the BEST!!!

Jerry1410

Star Member
May 17, 2015
I think that there is a procedure to Cancel the appointment of a Representative and after that start dealing with the CIC directly yourself.
You can also report the unsatisfactory services of the lawyer to the respective society to which they belong. The lawyer would have given his Registration No. in the Representative Form which you have signed.

First send an email to the lawyer expressing your dissatisfaction about his non response and see if he responds. If not then tell him that you would like to report this to CIC and cancel his Representative appointment and directly deal with the CIC yourself.

It is also possible that the lawyer is not responding because he has nothing new to tell you. May be he is a bit bugged by your calls. In any case silence and non response is not professional.

CastorT

Jul 12, 2015
Visited CIC Office and submitted all documents and old PR Cards 8th July 201

[/quote]

First of all,Congrats!
Could you please let us know what all documents you submitted to CIC office?
Thank you so much!!

van23

Jul 1, 2015
amr95 said:
Hey Van23

I was wondering how long did it take for your travel document to be processed and what documents did you provide ??

Thanks!
Hello amr95,

Sorry I did not log onto this forum for a while. It took only about a week from the day I submitted the documents to the visa office in China. I provided everything I had: university transcript, bank statements, property certificate, notices of assessment... The more, the better. :)

Cheers,
Joyce

barabashka

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
I also got such email...
The online status also says that they sent correspondence and asked to provide additional documentation - however no such documentation is mentioned in secondary review email, and no additional correspondence has been received.

I have applied in early April, with 761 days physical presence since landing (July 2010).
I do travel quite a lot - but I always monitor my days closely and make sure I meet the obligations at any given time. Since the application, I have accumulated some more days, and I am currently in Canada.

Although I am not too worried, since I kept good documentation record of all my travels (keeping in mind they might be concerned by all these stamps) - but the delay is definitely not pleasant...:(

YLW2015

Jul 21, 2015
My case was referred to local office too. I called today, and was told my application was approved on July 10th. But the online status has not been updated. (still in process).
I have learned a lot from this post, and would like to share my time line below:

We received your application for a permanent resident card on March 23, 2015.
We started processing your application on April 20, 2015.
We sent you a letter on May 28, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
We sent you a letter on June 15, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

By the day I sent the application, I have 756 days present in Canada in five years window. I applied urgent process at the beginning, because I planed to travel in May, but did not make it without a valid PR card. My PR card expired on Mach 11, 2015.

I received an email on May 28, 2015. said my case was send to local office, and a letter sent on June 15, 2015 by mail with IM5511, and asking for color copy of passport, tax access letters in five years, and proof of residency. I sent back required document on June 28th, received on June 30th.

I traveled to US on June 30th with expired PR, and entered Canada by road on July 5th. I showed officer with passport, landing paper and expired PR card. I feel like the urgent process works. All the best for us all.

puma

Star Member
Jul 30, 2012
ns_AB said:
My application was received at CIC on 11-August-2014 and I got this e-mail today (5-Jan-2015).
You have the exact same timeline as mine. Any updates on your status? Have you received your renewed PR card?

barabashka

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
puma said:
You have the exact same timeline as mine. Any updates on your status? Have you received your renewed PR card?
Have they asked for any additional information/documents?
I got "secondary review" email, but they did not ask for any additional information...at least so far.
I am all ready, to send them whatever they want...but what it is that they want?

emilie8668

Dec 9, 2014
Share my timeline to all of you are still waiting~~
Apply renew PR July,2014
Secondary review Dec,2014
Approved PR June,2015
Mailed out and received July,2015
No re-apply urgent and no additional documents requested
Exactly one year to complete renew PR

Good luck to all of you
Just be patient and wait....

barabashka

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
I do not get it...
If they send the file for secondary review, I would assume they are missing some information in order to make the decision. How they can then finalize the case without asking for any additional information?...

mats

Nov 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2011
AOR Received.
18-03-2011
Med's Done....
18-03-2012
Passport Req..
Sent 19-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Mar-2012
LANDED..........
12-July-2012
YLW2015 said:
My case was referred to local office too. I called today, and was told my application was approved on July 10th. But the online status has not been updated. (still in process).
I have learned a lot from this post, and would like to share my time line below:

I received an email on May 28, 2015. said my case was send to local office, and a letter sent on June 15, 2015 by mail with IM5511, and asking for color copy of passport, tax access letters in five years, and proof of residency. I sent back required document on June 28th, received on June 30th.
- What is this tax access letters , is the Notice of Assessment ? What proof of residency did you give ?

YLW2015

Jul 21, 2015
Yes. Notice of Assessment. And credit card statement, pay stub, job offer letter, rent lease agreement and receipt, car insurance, my son's report card, on which there are parent's name(my name) and address.

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
barabashka said:
I do not get it...
If they send the file for secondary review, I would assume they are missing some information in order to make the decision. How they can then finalize the case without asking for any additional information?...
Not necessarily. They may be verifying the information you provided in greater depth, or your file got picked for QC.

volee

Jul 23, 2015
My application is under secondary review since Feb 2015. I requested for urgent processing last month and got an email this month from CIC asking me to provide "Personal immigration entry/exit record or movement certificate issued by the countries where you have travelled". I am unable to provide these documents so I sent CIC a letter explaining why I cannot provide them. It has been two weeks and still no replies from them. Anyone have similar experience?