Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HIZ said:
HI ALL FRIENDS,
HI,
Is it possible to apply ONE year in advance ( one year before expiry of PR cards) so that some one has no problem to travel just after expiry of PR cards? PLEASE GIVE YOUR COMMENTS.
regards,
HIZ
No.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5445ETOC.asp
Important information: Do not apply for a renewal of your current PR card if it is still valid for more than nine (9) months (270 days), unless it is due to a legal name change. Otherwise, your application will be returned.

AJK_9

Jun 30, 2012
Hi

Is it case of Secondary Review ? OR just asking for additional documents

Here is email received today from processing office, also submitted color copies of passport but still they requested following

This refers to the application(s) for a Permanent Resident Card that you filed with this office. The purpose of this letter is to advise you that a preliminary review of your application has been completed and additional information is required before our final review can be completed. This will result in an additional delay. However, we will endeavor to finalize your application as soon as possible.

For the purposes of determining if you have upheld the residency obligations in meeting the requirements for a Permanent Resident Card and in accordance with Section 28 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, please provide us with proof of your residency in Canada for the period 20FEB2010 to 20FEB2015. Please submit a copy of the following documents dated within the period specified above:

1 - Complete pages (including blank pages) of your passport(s)/travel document(s) held in the last 5 years. Ensure all pages are in color and are clearly legible.

2 - Personal immigration entry/exit record or movement certificate issued by the countries where you have travelled

Thanks

Kuttykutty

Star Member
Mar 3, 2015
At last ....
My timeline is
Sent PR Card Renewal application on 17th Sept 2014
Received in CIC office on 22 Sept 2014
e-Mail stating the application has been sent for Secondary review 28th Jan 2015
Applied for URGENT Processing 30th April 2015
Asked for Color photocopies of passports and translations wherever required (second time) 22nd May 2015
Traveled without PR 1st June 2015
Applied for PR TD 4th June 2015
Approved PR TD 8th June 2015
Received Passports back 15th June 2015
Returned to Canada 1st July 2015
Received letter from CIC Office Kipling 1st July 2015
Visited CIC Office and submitted all documents and old PR Cards 8th July 2015
Renewed PR Cards given : 8th July 2015
294 days of hard work and tension!

mats

Nov 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2011
AOR Received.
18-03-2011
Med's Done....
18-03-2012
Passport Req..
Sent 19-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Mar-2012
LANDED..........
12-July-2012
Does this mean that if it is less than 9 months we can apply for renewal ? Please let me know - THanks

Important information: Do not apply for a renewal of your current PR card if it is still valid for more than nine (9) months (270 days), unless it is due to a legal name change. Otherwise, your application will be returned.

Lammawitch said:
No.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5445ETOC.asp

Jerry1410

Star Member
May 17, 2015
I think it is indicated on the CIC website that you can apply for PRC renewal 9 months in advance. It was 6 months earlier, but not it is 9 months in advance.

malayalee

May 27, 2015
@ kuttykutty

Actually my plan is to be there in India for 6 months. So to be safe, how well in advance I need to apply for a PRTD once I reach there in India. My plan is also to contact either VFS chennai or Blore. Whether PRTD has an expiry date on it. Thanks.

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mats said:
Does this mean that if it is less than 9 months we can apply for renewal ? Please let me know - THanks

Yes.

Amelia W

Mar 25, 2015
FYI:
After waited 10 months, i finally got my PR CARD!

timeline: CIC received my application on september 24 2014
sent to secondary reveiw on Jan 28 2015
applied urgent on June
status changed to approved on June 25
Card received by mail to home on july
going to travel out of canada next week
I am thankful that CIC processed my urgent request so fast, cz i really need to go back to china for emergency.
Good luck to everyone!

Kuttykutty

Star Member
Mar 3, 2015
@malayalee,
PRTD is valid for 6 months from the date of stamping in the passport.
I got it from Bangalore office of VFS. However all VFS Offices India send their applications to the High Commission in Delhi and the processing is done over there.

Yaris

Apr 17, 2015
Hi

I also have a question. In cic webpage, it's said that one must be in canada in order to renew the PR card. Does it mean that I've to be present in canada during the entire renewal application process until I finally get the renewed PR card? Can I just file the renewal application in Canada and then get out of Canada and later have my family members mailed the renewed card to me in another country?

Thanks in advance.

prcard18

May 1, 2015
Dear Kuttykutty

I also got secondary review letter from CIC similar as wording and sentence as you got.

Please can you guide me what information and documents are to be sent in reply to letter issued.

Besides passport all pages colour copy and what else... ?

Thanks in advance

prcard18

May 1, 2015
Dear friends

I got these lines in letter for secondary review in PR Card Renewal

For the purposes of determining if you have upheld the residency obligations in meeting the requirements for a Permanent Resident Card and in accordance with Section 28 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, please provide us with proof of your residency in Canada for the period 20FEB2010 to 20FEB2015. Please submit a copy of the following documents dated within the period specified above:

1 - Complete pages (including blank pages) of your passport(s)/travel document(s) held in the last 5 years. Ensure all pages are in color and are clearly legible.

2 - Personal immigration entry/exit record or movement certificate issued by the countries where you have travelled

so please guide me what proof is to be provided for residency in Canada for last five years

please guide me

thanks

EddyIT

Star Member
Mar 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
goldjay said:
i am same timeline as you. no news either
Me as well.

Applied to renew PR in September 2014

Secondary Review email in January 2015

No news since then.

It seems this is a trend.

EddyIT

Star Member
Mar 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kuttykutty said:
At last ....
My timeline is
Sent PR Card Renewal application on 17th Sept 2014
Received in CIC office on 22 Sept 2014
e-Mail stating the application has been sent for Secondary review 28th Jan 2015
Applied for URGENT Processing 30th April 2015
Asked for Color photocopies of passports and translations wherever required (second time) 22nd May 2015
Traveled without PR 1st June 2015
Applied for PR TD 4th June 2015
Approved PR TD 8th June 2015
Received Passports back 15th June 2015
Returned to Canada 1st July 2015
Received letter from CIC Office Kipling 1st July 2015
Visited CIC Office and submitted all documents and old PR Cards 8th July 2015
Renewed PR Cards given : 8th July 2015
294 days of hard work and tension!
Congrats :)

Must be a great feeling to get this over with.

Hopefully the rest of us will be done soon. Please wish us luck.

rb2c

Jul 10, 2015
Dear Friend
I got stuck in difficult situation, I put my PR renewal request for me and my family through my lawyer in may 2014.
I got reply from CIC by my lawyer in Sep 2014 to send color copy of passports which i sent. In Feb 2015 upon asking my application status, i got CIC letter from my lawyer that they will be able to finish my PR renewal request by june/July. Now july is going on but now my lawyer is not responding at all for my case.
My question is " Can I directly contact CIC about my case status with reference of CIC letters. I have letter from CIC which my lawyer sent to me earlier. I don't know should I wait further for my lawyer or I can contact to CIC. I can not see my status online. I don't know why. I need some help.I will appreciate for your help