+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Email from CIC that PR card renewal needs secondary review

van23

Jul 1, 2015
Tinaturner said:
Okay first it was frustrating now it's getting funny :)

First my application was reviewed then sent to secondary review, after 3 months in secondary review (never thought that a second opinion needs that much effort) I applied for urgent processing with a real medical emergency of one of my parents back home

Guess what, since I need my card urgently and I have an emergency so instead of issuing my new card they transferred the application to a local office and sent me an email to expect additional delay :)

Will my application be reviewed by every agent in canada ? Should I post it online for everyone to give his/her opinion ? Does urgent processing and a real medical emergency to canada mean that I have all the time in the world ?

How hard is it to either accept , refuse or ask for any supporting document for any application ?

After all these sick complications and twists and turns am honestly not that interested to be living in such a system anymore
Hello tinaturner, I went through the exact same thing as you did. Requested urgent processing and case got sent to local office.

Really have no idea what can possibly take this long!!! ??? ??? ???

Tinaturner

Apr 30, 2015
Hello Van23,

When was your application sent to the local office ? and does it show in ecas if you click on "in process" that it was sent to local office ? how long has your application been in review (secondary and local office ?)

Thanks

van23

Jul 1, 2015
Tinaturner said:
Hello Van23,

When was your application sent to the local office ? and does it show in ecas if you click on "in process" that it was sent to local office ? how long has your application been in review (secondary and local office ?)

Thanks
Hello Tinaturner,

It was sent to the local office after I applied for urgent processing (approximately half a month later, early this June).
Nope, ECAS doesn't say that, but it says on the email from CIC.
Here's my timeline:

2014/06 - Applied for PR renewal (normal)
2014/11 - Started processing
No updates/letters for 5 months...
2015/04 - Called CIC and was told that my case was under secondary review
2015/05 - Requested urgent processing
2015/06 - Case referred to the local office
No news since then...

This is taking ridiculously long...

Do you mind sharing your timeline?

Thanks!
Van23

Tinaturner

Apr 30, 2015
Hi van32

Timeline as follows

02/2015 application sent
04/2015 application received and email received on same date that application sent to secondary review
06/2015 applied to secondary review
06/2015 emailed received that application sent to local office
07/2015 ecas updated with a new row that another email was sent

They usually say that applications can take a year. But your application has been in review for 7 months. Wait for the next 5 months hopefully an agent would be able to decifer my application and yours

EddyIT

Star Member
Mar 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ken2015 said:
I have checked the online status & noted that they added a new information that "We sent you a letter on Jan 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us".
Before today the status was:-

1.We received your application for a permanent resident card on August, 2014.

2.We started processing your application on Jan, 2015.

Wondering if they are talking about the same email which they sent in Jan informing about secondary review or it is different, please share your experience.
Yup, they are talking about the Secondary Review email. We all have the same status as yours.

van23

Jul 1, 2015
Tinaturner said:
Hi van32

Timeline as follows

02/2015 application sent
04/2015 application received and email received on same date that application sent to secondary review
06/2015 applied to secondary review
06/2015 emailed received that application sent to local office
07/2015 ecas updated with a new row that another email was sent

They usually say that applications can take a year. But your application has been in review for 7 months. Wait for the next 5 months hopefully an agent would be able to decifer my application and yours
Thanks for your reply, Tinatuner!

You mean those applications sent to local office can take a year? One year from the date in local office or first applied?
It's already been over a year since they received my application... Cannot travel freely... sigh...

Have you received the new email? What does that say? Thanks!

Hopefully we can all get our new cards soon!! :'(

amr95

Jul 31, 2012
van23 said:
Hi All,

Happy Canada Day!!

Learned a lot from this post today, and would like to share my timeline with you. Hope we can all share and learn from each other's experience!

2014/06 - Applied for PR renewal (normal)
2014/11 - Started processing
No updates/letters for 5 months...
2015/04 - Called CIC and was told that my case was under secondary review
2015/05 - Requested urgent processing
2015/06 - Case referred to the local office
No news since then...

Additional information:
1. I did my undergrad in Canada and lived here for over 3 years in the last 5 years (meet RO for sure) even though I went to my country of citizenship to work for less than a year after graduation.
2. Applied travel document in China once (many friends in this forum asked about it in this post) and got an R-1 (most positive) type, single-entry. From my experience, as long as you meet the 2 in 5 requirement, they will issue you a TD.

I read about the cooling-off period, but in my case, it's been over a year now. Any 2014 June applicants left??? This is really really disturbing... Dare not go anywhere now...

My questions are:
1. Has anyone's case been referred to a local office before??
2. Anyone who has applied TD twice or more and has been approved??

Really appreciate if anyone can answer my questions!! Thanks a lot in advance!!

Best regards,
van23

Hey Van23

I was wondering how long did it take for your travel document to be processed and what documents did you provide ??

Thanks!

toronto_man

Star Member
Jan 11, 2014
All,

for those whose case were refered to local office, can you shed some lights on how many travel did u have? and what was special in ur case to be refered to local office?

why do u need to apply for travel documents if u can come back via the U.S with private car and expired PR? or can't one cross the borded once his case is transfered to local office?

Tinaturner

Apr 30, 2015
Hi,

My application was referred to the local office and I received an email stating that my application was referred to the local office and that I should expect additional delays.

I checked ecas and it is mentioned that a letter was sent to me,I guess they mean the email that they sent me, but ecas also has an entery saying that they sent me a correspondence and that I should provide the documents that they have requested

But I did not receive any correspondence or any request for any document !!!! Has any one received this message after their application was sent to the local office ?

What was special about my case to be sent to the local office ? Simply nothing I arrived to canada did the landing then travelled for sometimes and then returned to live in canada for two years

hbsk786

Apr 28, 2014
Hi,
My time line
Application submitted 09/2014
Letter received second review 01/2015
Since than no news
I called CIC Yesterday, the lady told me there is no time for second review case
I have competed 10 Months
Any news September 2014 application is any one received PR card after second review
Thanks

HIZ

Star Member
Sep 21, 2012
HI,
Is it possible to apply ONE year in advance ( one year before expiry of PR cards) so that some one has no problem to travel just after expiry of PR cards?
regards,
HIZ

malayalee

May 27, 2015
@ Kuttykutty
Whether you have applied for a travel document. If so kindly post here the time frame from the date of application to receiving the travel document. Thanks in advance,

Kuttykutty

Star Member
Mar 3, 2015
@malayalee,
Yes. I traveled to Bangalore, India on 1st June. Applied for PR TD with ALL documents required and more. on 4th June. PR TD was approved in TWO days time and couriered from Delhi to Bangalore on 10th. Collected on 15th. VFS Global is very helpful and the procedures are pretty straight-forward. They do handle Visa etc... for several other countries too. Overall very impressive setup and service.

goldjay

Sep 6, 2013
i am same timeline as you. no news either

hbsk786 said:
Hi,
My time line
Application submitted 09/2014
Letter received second review 01/2015
Since than no news
I called CIC Yesterday, the lady told me there is no time for second review case
I have competed 10 Months
Any news September 2014 application is any one received PR card after second review
Thanks

HIZ

Star Member
Sep 21, 2012
HI ALL FRIENDS,
HI,
Is it possible to apply ONE year in advance ( one year before expiry of PR cards) so that some one has no problem to travel just after expiry of PR cards? PLEASE GIVE YOUR COMMENTS.
regards,
HIZ