+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Email from CIC that PR card renewal needs secondary review

Tinaturner

Apr 30, 2015
KuttyKutty,

Any updates regarding your application ? i know you applied for urgent processing and you've been asked to send colored copies of the passport ?

Hope everyone could share their updates

Regards

MiriamT

May 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
São Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-03-2009
File Transfer...
09-03-2009
Med's Done....
28-10-2008
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2009
LANDED..........
27-11-2009
Namesake said:
Just read about the "cooling-off period". I have been here for the past 4 out of 5 years and wonder if this "cooling-off period" is applicable in my case as well!
What's the "cooling-off period"?

I think you should be fine anyway, given that there's no doubt that you fulfill the RO (and having been here for 4 out of 5 years really cover this). :) Best of luck with the PR Card renewal.

Tinaturner

Apr 30, 2015
Cooling-off period is the period that the officer ignores your application once it is sent to secondary review and which could be up to 1 year as some people mentioned on the Forum.

However this period is not precise as there is no timeline or limit mentioned anywhere, so the officer might be too cool to look at your application and it might take more than a year to process you very complicated application :)

Amelia W

Mar 25, 2015
So after waiting 9 months, yesterday I went to CIC office myself just to try if any luck I can talk to somebody, well, they won't make apt unless the top office request the applicant to do so. anyway, I talked to a guy who works there as security, he said he has seen people been waited over a year, and seems like if you ever travel in the past 5 years, they will send to secondary review even though you have been lived here 2 years out of 5 as per that guy... looks like we have no choice but wait, or if need to travel, need to apply a travel document to enter back in Canada which need to be applied outside of Canada (unless you come back from state by driving your owe car)
Anyone else got updates?

Tinaturner

Apr 30, 2015
@Amelia W

So if anyone traveled after landing in Canada, then the PR Renewal application will definitely go into Secondary Review ?

Am not sure anymore if this is called Permanent Residency or imprisonment ?! if the Residency Obligation is 2 out of 5 years then WE HAVE THE RIGHT TO TRAVEL AND COME BACK TO CANADA AS LONG AS WE MEET THE RO , WITHOUT HAVING TO SUFFER TO RENEW OUR PR CARDS !!!!

A 1st world country with all the capabilities and technologies that it has , is unable to dedicate a system to monitor the processing time of applications in Secondary Review ? or is it some kind of punishment because applicants dared to travel outside Canada during these 5 years ?

Amelia W

Mar 25, 2015
as I said, I was told by the security guy who work there. I have no clue why our case went to secondary review, I know this is not fair, but besides wait, what else can we do? I actually need to get out of Canada next month for family emergency, right now I m just as anxious as others.

alire_za

Nov 18, 2011
I believe all of us must find away to complain immigration ministry .secondary review is not mentioned in cic site and not clear why we all are in secondary review without any time fram.

Kuttykutty

Star Member
Mar 3, 2015
Applied Sept 2014
Secondary review Jan 2015
Urgent Processing requested 30th April 2015
Request for Color copies of all passport pages (5 years) 22 My 2015
Sent the Color pages 24th May 2015
Left on Emergency 1st June 2015
Site showed approved on 10th June 2015
Site shows different approved date 13th June 2015
Applied for PR TD 4th June 2015
Waiting 14th June 2015

Overall, things are happening! Positive Thinking HELPS!! What more one can do?

goldjay

Sep 6, 2013
Request for urgent processing is the only way to accelerate the PR renewal with a secondary review.

Kuttykutty said:
Applied Sept 2014
Waiting 14th June 2015

truedream15

Star Member
Feb 14, 2015
Kuttykutty said:
You are absolutely RIGHT!!!
Hi, Can you share how you applied urgent processing?
What if I am outside of Canada and want to come back?
Or It only applies when I am in Canada and have a return ticket back to Canada?
Thanks!

EddyIT

Star Member
Mar 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kuttykutty said:
Applied Sept 2014
Waiting 14th June 2015

Congrats Kuttykutty !
Good to know things are moving...

EddyIT

Star Member
Mar 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
eriku said:
hey guys,

Need help on checking my status online. Last April my status was "in process" but now it says "we were not able to identify.....". Anyone has the same experience?

thanks
Hi eriku,

Yes it happens for a temporary period of time during which the file is sent to secondary review.

When did you receive the secondary review mail/email? If it is around the same time (April) that you received the secondary review notice then it's normal.

It should show up again in a few weeks.

Good luck.