+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Email from CIC that PR card renewal needs secondary review

Dreamszalone

Star Member
Oct 5, 2013
Its not me It is CIC asking me to apply the PRTD and send them the copy. They are going as per below link.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2013/ob536.asp

harvardmpa

Mar 21, 2015
I just checked CIC online status:
1.We received your application for a permanent resident card on December 11, 2014.

2.We started processing your application on March 2, 2015.

3.We sent you a letter on March 2, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

4.Your request for a permanent resident card was approved on June 2, 2015. Your Permanent resident card will be mailed to you or if quality assurance is required, made available for you to pick up at a CIC office.

5.Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on June 4, 2015.

ken2015

May 28, 2015
Congrats Harvardmpa, you are a relieved person now.
Folks, it looks they are not following any sequence because I have applied in September, received email in February & still neither update in the system nor any email / letter from them. Please help me to understand their working system.
Regards,

Tinaturner

Apr 30, 2015
Harvardmpa,

Congratulation ! I think after secondary review they verified that you have met the RO and issued the card for you

As for those applications that have no update yet, I guess they are unable to verify whether you really stayed in canada for two years or not and simply keeping the application on hold

Regards,

eriku

Star Member
Mar 22, 2012
hey guys,

Need help on checking my status online. Last April my status was "in process" but now it says "we were not able to identify.....". Anyone has the same experience?

thanks

Tinaturner

Apr 30, 2015
goldjay,

If harvardmpa's application was a regular one , why was he/she sent a letter on March 2nd and asked to expect further delays ? if it were a regular application i don't think a letter would have been sent .

EastWest

May 29, 2015
I think in harvardmpa's case they just wanted some additional documents and the application was not referred for secondary review!!

Tinaturner

Apr 30, 2015
Ok now am devastated :-( I had hopes after thinking that Harvardmpa received the new pr card in a short period although the application was sent to secondary review, but seems that's not the case

I have only read about a case or two where a new pr card is issued and sent to the applicant after the application was in secondary review !

Feeling down :(

puma

Star Member
Jul 30, 2012
There was a request for urgent processing....

harvardmpa said:
Good news! my timeline is below:
2014.12.15 applied renewal of PR card
2015.03.02 secondary review
2015.03.30 urgent processing request
till now no updates
travel date is June 19th

Namesake

Jun 8, 2015
My application for PR Card was received on Aug 25th 2014 and on Jan 13th, I received notification of secondary review. No news until now...

Namesake

Jun 8, 2015
Just read about the "cooling-off period". I have been here for the past 4 out of 5 years and wonder if this "cooling-off period" is applicable in my case as well!