+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Email from CIC that PR card renewal needs secondary review

Tinaturner

Apr 30, 2015
KuttyKutty,

How did they request the color passport copies from you? Did they send you a regular mail ? Or was it through an e-mail ?

Kuttykutty

Star Member
Mar 3, 2015
By e-Mail, which was much better. Regular mail might have taken weeks to arrive. Replying now with attachments to the e-Mail, which is convenient too.

Tinaturner

Apr 30, 2015
KuttyKutty,

Did they mention in the email that you can attach your colored photos and email them back ? Or should you send them by regular mail ?

torontonianguy

Star Member
Sep 15, 2013
KUTTYKUTTY,

Dont reply them in e-mail..FYI official documentation is to be submitted by hard copies means paper only...moreover the email id is just for information purposes not to accept incoming mails.Better make coloured copies from staples if not at home and mail or courier them with a print of their email requesting you passport copies otherwise your copies ma again get lost in piles of paper.

Kuttykutty

Star Member
Mar 3, 2015
Yes. you can send by e-mail. In fact the attachments / documents for requesting URGENT Processing also can be uploaded , instead of sending by post.
For uploading there is a size restriction, of course.
For e-mail, attachments can be shrunk using SmallPDF tool. etc...
Their messages says at the end:
"You may email the requested information to the following email: ......................"

"Please Note: Subject Line must include the reference number listed above. Any emails received without a reference number will not be actioned."

Tinaturner

Apr 30, 2015
Kuttykutty,

Yes please keep us updated, and anyone who has any update or received the new card we also appreciate your update .

Kuttykutty

Star Member
Mar 3, 2015
Just got a response from New Delhi High-Commn that the PRTD Processing time is 32 business days. Has anyone got any experience in getting PRTD from India. Please share your experience.
"Processing time for Travel Document application is 32 business days in India. Immigration Section, New Delhi (6)
High Commission of Canada in India / Government of Canada
www.india.gc.ca "

May thanks in advance

Amelia W

Mar 25, 2015
kuttykutty, are you applying the travel document while you physically in Canada waiting for PR renewal? im not sure about india, but in china they said 14-60 business day to process, and it's not guarantee it will approve, and has to send passport to visa office in china.

Kuttykutty

Star Member
Mar 3, 2015
I am traveling to India and to return to Canada I must have a valid PR card or Travel document. I was inquiring with the Canada High Comm in India and their reply was posted. Thank you.

Canvan003

Star Member
Jan 12, 2015
Kuttykutty said:
I am traveling to India and to return to Canada I must have a valid PR card or Travel document. I was inquiring with the Canada High Comm in India and their reply was posted. Thank you.
If you have a valid US visa, you can still manage to enter Canada by road in private vehicle and you can use your record of landing or confirmation of permanent residence at point of entry.

malayalee

May 27, 2015
PR card renewal needs secondary review

@ kuttykutty

Is it possible to apply for a travel document from India in advance, if you are still physically present in Canada. kindly reply.

My status

PR Renewal application received : November 12 2014

Second review : February 17 2015

Current status as of May 27,2015 : In Process

and I am loosing patience :mad: