+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Email from CIC that PR card renewal needs secondary review

daisy178

May 21, 2015
My application Timeline:
Applied: Feb,16,2015 (already lived in Canada for 750 days)
Received Processing delay email: Apr.2nd,2015
My card has expied on May 3rd,2015.
No update till now.

Tinaturner

Apr 30, 2015
Daisy,

thank you for sharing your time line , hope you get your new card soon and kindly update us with any changes to your application.

I also am in the same situation and no update to my application since it was sent to secondary review 4 months ago.

I hope all the readers share their experience so we can find some similarities or understand whats going on with out applications

Regards

Amelia W

Mar 25, 2015
hi everyone with the same situation here I guess, here is my timeline :

1.We received your application for a permanent resident card on September 24, 2014.

2.We started processing your application on January 28, 2015.

now I don't hear any updates since January. I don't understand why it took 8 months to wait... I called CIC couple times, I need the PR because I need to leave Canada on july, and the agent told me there is nothing they can do, I can't apply urgent, all I can do is get a travel document when I am outside of Canada!! so I called visa office in china see how long will that travel document take to process, and they told me maybe 2week or 2 months and there is not guarantee that I will get it.so what am I suppose to do??? this is not acceptable, at least tell us how long exactly will it take to just renew a PR. please, if anyone have received the card pls share .. thx

inrag

May 21, 2015
hello all,I am new to this forum and this is my first post. I am looking for some answers to the secondary review question.
my husband applied oct 2014 and its8 months now. All we got is an e-mail stating that his application is gone for secondary review.he ha called multiple times they say there is no timeline to a resolution for secondary review.He cannot travel out of the country because his PR is expired and we all know its not easy to travel and return on a travel document !

My question is does making travel plans like booking a travel ticket and sending them request for PR on urgent basis work in case of secondary review? any experience with this ?

Thanks for reading ! ???

Tinaturner

Apr 30, 2015
Hello Inrag

I read in other posts that when applying to an urgent request when your application is in secondary review , you might risk causing more delay in processing your application as it might lead to further investigation to understand the reason behind the urgent request and behind your urgent need to travel and whether you have plans to return to canada

Don't take my words for granted , do a bit of a research before making your decision

Regards

AJK_9

Jun 30, 2012
Hi

Thanks for sharing very good information and updates

Can we do something positively, may be in the form of presentation or compliant to Government Authorities or Related for taking some quick action because indirectly it's harassment without any reason

We all are passing through same boat, wish you all positive action from Canadian Government

Kuttykutty

Star Member
Mar 3, 2015
Just an update... After 8 months of receiving the application and 4 months in Sec Rev, today I am asked to send Color copies of every page of all passports, to continue the review...

puma

Star Member
Jul 30, 2012
Kuttykutty said:
Just an update... After 8 months of receiving the application and 4 months in Sec Rev, today I am asked to send Color copies of every page of all passports, to continue the review...
Did you receive an email or regular mail? Had you already submitted the coloured copies of passport pages with your application?

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Once an application goes to secondary review, urgent processing no longer applies.

There is no timeline for secondary review.

A suggestion for those who have applications in secondary review for multiple months with no news: ask your MP to make an enquiry. NB: no guarantee this will speed up the process.

Sorry to only bring bad news.

Amelia W

Mar 25, 2015
Kuttykutty said:
thanks for sharing, btw, when you sending the color copy of passport, do they ask you to do translation? (the stamps or visa not written in English)
I think I am at the same timeline with you, but haven't hear anything from CIC, well, at least you know now they are actually processing your application right? :) hope to hear your good news soon.

Amelia W

Mar 25, 2015
Lammawitch said:
Once an application goes to secondary review, urgent processing no longer applies.

There is no timeline for secondary review.

A suggestion for those who have applications in secondary review for multiple months with no news: ask your MP to make an enquiry. NB: no guarantee this will speed up the process.

Sorry to only bring bad news.
sorry don't quite get it, ask who to make enquiry? and usually how long does it take to process second review, if anyone knows?

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Amelia W said:
sorry don't quite get it, ask who to make enquiry? and usually how long does it take to process second review, if anyone knows?
MP = Member of Parliment.

And, unfortunately, there is no average time for secondary review.

harvardmpa

Mar 21, 2015
Kuttykutty said:
Good news! my timeline is below:
2014.12.15 applied renewal of PR card
2015.03.02 secondary review
2015.03.30 urgent processing request
till now no updates
travel date is June 19th

Kuttykutty

Star Member
Mar 3, 2015
Color copy of all passports for last 5 years, translated wherever required by Certified Translator. Last September when I applied, there was no requirement for color copies anyway. It took 8 months to receive that question.