+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Email from CIC that PR card renewal needs secondary review

CanadianME

Star Member
May 31, 2015
I talked to my MP and he contacted CIC and they told him if it's secondary review, then it's not a normal routine file and he can't do anything!. I booked my tickets and my family to travel in June and I submitted the case specific form online CIC web site and it's been 2 weeks they didn't even bother to respond to me!!

heeradeepak said:
you can approach MP some time it does help but depend case to case for secondary review we notice in this forum time frame is approx 10-14 month.

CIC is accepting urgent processing with ticket and payment proof but travel date should be after 6 weeks of urgent processing request.

harshalp

Mar 22, 2016
CanadianME said:
I talked to my MP and he contacted CIC and they told him if it's secondary review, then it's not a normal routine file and he can't do anything!. I booked my tickets and my family to travel in June and I submitted the case specific form online CIC web site and it's been 2 weeks they didn't even bother to respond to me!!
Thanks. That was very helpful. I guess I will just wait and see what happens.

vop

Star Member
Apr 9, 2016
CanadianME said:
Is your MP a liberal or a conservative or an NDP MP ? Everyone knows its not a routine file. What is the exact definition of routine or non routine as per them ? Also, if its non routine and important, why dont they ask the applicant immediately to furnish proof to ensure their cases are resolved to the satisfaction of the officer quickly. What has that got to do with processing a file ?

They were able to process 25,000 people in under 3 months without any proper documents. Anyone on this forum who accepts these arguments from IRCC are deluding themselves. Nobody is asking for special treatment, but just processing of files within a reasonable amount of time. AJK, a more appropriate method might be sending a request to CBC to investigate. There is absolutely no reason for a PR card holder to not have his/her card renewed if s/he has stayed here the required number of days. How will holding onto the application for a year plus suddenly resolve their doubt ? Its preposterous to hear arguments on this forum defending IRCC procedures. The thing is if it goes to CBC, IRCC will process the one case of the person who goes to CBC. Secondary reviews should be reserved for the most blatant and egregious of situations. Otherwise, secondary reviews itself will lead to huge bottlenecks. Its not rocket science to know that small pipe i.e. fewer officers, large number of applicants will lead to a massive backlog, which is why whoever has set up this procedure for secondary reviews just doesnt get it.

With regard to fraud, there is fraud everywhere. For goodness sake, Conservatives were coddling millionaires from paying taxes so they should spare us the lecture on somehow their fine tooth combing is fraud prevention because all it did was harm hundreds of mostly innocent applicants who have met the requirements but are forced to go through extra scrutiny because of political pressure to supposedly root out fraud. They just dont know how to run a functioning system.

While I do think a petition might help, I think its too slow.

If you saw how various groups are demanding the liberal govt make sure the IRCC process files for refugees, cases for things such as PR renewal will just take a backseat. They will start processing citizenship applications faster right before the next election. The conservatives have very seriously messed up things at IRCC. I hope everyone on this forum remembers the actions of the conservatives when it comes time to vote in a few years.

heeradeepak

Jun 1, 2014
vop said:
Is your MP a liberal or a conservative or an NDP MP ? Everyone knows its not a routine file. What is the exact definition of routine or non routine as per them ? Also, if its non routine and important, why dont they ask the applicant immediately to furnish proof to ensure their cases are resolved to the satisfaction of the officer quickly. What has that got to do with processing a file ?

They were able to process 25,000 people in under 3 months without any proper documents. Anyone on this forum who accepts these arguments from IRCC are deluding themselves. Nobody is asking for special treatment, but just processing of files within a reasonable amount of time. AJK, a more appropriate method might be sending a request to CBC to investigate. There is absolutely no reason for a PR card holder to not have his/her card renewed if s/he has stayed here the required number of days. How will holding onto the application for a year plus suddenly resolve their doubt ? Its preposterous to hear arguments on this forum defending IRCC procedures. The thing is if it goes to CBC, IRCC will process the one case of the person who goes to CBC. Secondary reviews should be reserved for the most blatant and egregious of situations. Otherwise, secondary reviews itself will lead to huge bottlenecks. Its not rocket science to know that small pipe i.e. fewer officers, large number of applicants will lead to a massive backlog, which is why whoever has set up this procedure for secondary reviews just doesnt get it.

With regard to fraud, there is fraud everywhere. For goodness sake, Conservatives were coddling millionaires from paying taxes so they should spare us the lecture on somehow their fine tooth combing is fraud prevention because all it did was harm hundreds of mostly innocent applicants who have met the requirements but are forced to go through extra scrutiny because of political pressure to supposedly root out fraud. They just dont know how to run a functioning system.

While I do think a petition might help, I think its too slow.

If you saw how various groups are demanding the liberal govt make sure the IRCC process files for refugees, cases for things such as PR renewal will just take a backseat. They will start processing citizenship applications faster right before the next election. The conservatives have very seriously messed up things at IRCC. I hope everyone on this forum remembers the actions of the conservatives when it comes time to vote in a few years.
Yes we should ask question that how they process 25,000 people in months without any proper documents.

After secondary review processing of files should be within a reasonable amount of time.

CMcanada

Mar 22, 2016
My timeline:

1.We received your application for a permanent resident card on April 23, 2015.
2.We started processing your application on July 28, 2015.
3.We sent you a letter on July 28, 2015. (secondary review)

Oh my gosh, I think I need to think some Plan B to go to present a work in a conference in USA at the end of May, like:

A) Buy another flight ticket (I have already a round trip flight ticket, I would just used the first way) to return to some city near the Canada/USA border (e.g. Great Falls) and rent a car to go back home by Land, only using Expired PR, Landing document, letter of my employee and my rent contract of residency here;
B) Sending documents to request a permanent resident travel document (PRTD) USA VAC before travelling. has someone asked it before leaving Canada? I know the webpage informs that you need to be outside of Canada, but for short interval of time (like 4 days only outside, and in some place far from VACs offices, such as Anchorage), it is not viable.

Someone has other suggestions? Unfortunately, I need to present this work, I dedicated 2 years of my life here to it, and not presenting it, I will never have opportunity to publish it again (Conference policies).

Thanks in advance.

112DANNY

Apr 11, 2016
I wonder if any one here can help me,

I am a Permanent resident of Canada. However when I landed I did not have a permanent address thus received no PR card. I came to study in Canada one and a half years after landing. I had a PR card issued however it was at some point lost within the mailing system/ never reached me, ultimately it was destroyed. I reapplied for my PR card and it has been processing for one year as of today. I problem I have is not with travel but trying to acquire a SIN number. The official document they will accept in my PR card. My employer is asking for my SIN number but there is no way I can get it. I am about to lose my job and will have no way to support myself. I have called multiple call centres and no-one has anything to say apart from I will have to continue waiting for my PR card - which is ridiculous as there is no time scale indicated.

I feel throughly let down and abandoned by the very people who are suppose to help me. I will soon be unable to make rent payments, all because of a stupid system.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do?

Should I contact my local PM?

shekhawatmx

Star Member
Mar 28, 2010
Dubai UAE
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22 May 2009
File Transfer...
16 june 2009 from CIO
Med's Request
26 aug 2009
Med's Done....
8 oct 2009 at mumbai INDIA
Passport Req..
17 feb 2010 by email
VISA ISSUED...
22 march 2010 got pp back on 29 march 2010
LANDED..........
20 Aug 2010
112DANNY said:
I wonder if any one here can help me,

I am a Permanent resident of Canada. However when I landed I did not have a permanent address thus received no PR card. I came to study in Canada one and a half years after landing. I had a PR card issued however it was at some point lost within the mailing system/ never reached me, ultimately it was destroyed. I reapplied for my PR card and it has been processing for one year as of today. I problem I have is not with travel but trying to acquire a SIN number. The official document they will accept in my PR card. My employer is asking for my SIN number but there is no way I can get it. I am about to lose my job and will have no way to support myself. I have called multiple call centres and no-one has anything to say apart from I will have to continue waiting for my PR card - which is ridiculous as there is no time scale indicated.

I feel throughly let down and abandoned by the very people who are suppose to help me. I will soon be unable to make rent payments, all because of a stupid system.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do?

Should I contact my local PM?
you could have applied SIN with original landing papers but now its too late since you have passed one year time frame.
i suggest you first approach Service Canada and take their advice....

Torontocan

Apr 1, 2015
Hi everybody,

I just want to share my timeline.

Application sent September 2014
Email received in January 2015 letting me know my case went to a secondary review.

After 1 year and seven months I received my PR card in the mail on April 7, 2016.

Good Luck !!

teko

Mar 18, 2016
CMcanada said:
My timeline:

1.We received your application for a permanent resident card on April 23, 2015.
2.We started processing your application on July 28, 2015.
3.We sent you a letter on July 28, 2015. (secondary review)

Oh my gosh, I think I need to think some Plan B to go to present a work in a conference in USA at the end of May, like:

A) Buy another flight ticket (I have already a round trip flight ticket, I would just used the first way) to return to some city near the Canada/USA border (e.g. Great Falls) and rent a car to go back home by Land, only using Expired PR, Landing document, letter of my employee and my rent contract of residency here;
B) Sending documents to request a permanent resident travel document (PRTD) USA VAC before travelling. has someone asked it before leaving Canada? I know the webpage informs that you need to be outside of Canada, but for short interval of time (like 4 days only outside, and in some place far from VACs offices, such as Anchorage), it is not viable.

Someone has other suggestions? Unfortunately, I need to present this work, I dedicated 2 years of my life here to it, and not presenting it, I will never have opportunity to publish it again (Conference policies).

Thanks in advance.
Hi,

Good luck on your presentation.
I'm traveling for a business exhibition show in USA. I did a flight reservation from US and will be driving to and from Canada with a rented car.

I think this is best that can be done.

CMcanada

Mar 22, 2016
Thanks Teko, for your suggestion. Just one question, which types of document have you used to present when crossing the border by a rented car?

heeradeepak

Jun 1, 2014
Torontocan said:
Hi everybody,

Email received in January 2015 letting me know my case went to a secondary review.

After 1 year and seven months I received my PR card in the mail on April 7, 2016.

Good Luck !!
Congratulations to you.

CIC should claim top position in guinness book to drag innocent peoples applications this much long.

AJK_9

Jun 30, 2012
Torontocan said:
Hi everybody,

Good Luck !!
Congrates

teko

Mar 18, 2016
CMcanada said:
Thanks Teko, for your suggestion. Just one question, which types of document have you used to present when crossing the border by a rented car?
I didn't try it before. But I was told to use the confirmation of permanent residence form. The one you should have when first landed. I e even called CIC to double check and they said it's possible.

teko

Mar 18, 2016
heeradeepak said:
Congratulations to you.

CIC should claim top position in guinness book to drag innocent peoples applications this much long.
Your are right. They don't have a criteria to know who is honest and who is not and they treat everyone the same. Something reminds me of the 19th century when there was no computers and tracking systems!

nicklove128

Star Member
Dec 22, 2015
daisy178 said:
Good news!
My new card finally arrived on 2nd April 2016 by mail!
My time line:
Application received:18th, Feb,2015,
Secondary review email received: 2nd, April, 2015,
New card arrived by mail:2nd, April,2016.
It took exactly one year after secondary review.
I live in Canada for 750 days and left Canada after my application was received and I am still outside Canada now.

U r so lucky! I sent my application almost the same time as u did. I also left Canada after sending the application and I'm still outside of Canada. It's been more than 1 year since my file has gone to secondary review. This whole process is like a torture!