+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Email from CIC that PR card renewal needs secondary review

SRIS

Star Member
Dec 22, 2017
Any news - my dates are similar to your wife's date ( applied in April and secondary review in June) any updates ?
No news. My wife sent a web inquiry about her PR card renewal and they said that they had received all the documents which they had asked for and that the application is in process. My feeling is that they have us in a queue and they have not got around to reviewing information sent to them after the secondary review.

Do keep updating your status on this tread so that others can remain hopeful.

mats

Nov 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2011
AOR Received.
18-03-2011
Med's Done....
18-03-2012
Passport Req..
Sent 19-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Mar-2012
LANDED..........
12-July-2012
My guess is those who filed for PR card renewal not having straightforward application like was there only let’s say 3 out of 5 years or not a regular pay stub job etc is done because of the new citizenship rule change. Last time there was a rule change plenty of people got stuck and things were getting normal when IRCC was hit another rule change. The straight forward ones are getting processed as per the mentioned processing times.

jrjayl

Oct 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I applied in April 17 . Secondary review in June 17 and no news up to now.
Any news for you ?
No news. Just checked online status, still in process.

Tried to call a few times, didn’t get through. Always get “too many calls, thank you bye” message.

SRIS

Star Member
Dec 22, 2017
My guess is those who filed for PR card renewal not having straightforward application like was there only let’s say 3 out of 5 years or not a regular pay stub job etc is done because of the new citizenship rule change. Last time there was a rule change plenty of people got stuck and things were getting normal when IRCC was hit another rule change. The straight forward ones are getting processed as per the mentioned processing times.
You are right our family arrived late completing 750 days or so before submitting renewal application. I think that is the main reason for secondary review. My elder son went straight into university and younger one into school. My wife got a job with pay stub etc. I on the other hand do not have a job but all of us got the same secondary review letters.

AmirATM

Star Member
Oct 4, 2016
No news. My wife sent a web inquiry about her PR card renewal and they said that they had received all the documents which they had asked for and that the application is in process. My feeling is that they have us in a queue and they have not got around to reviewing information sent to them after the secondary review.

Do keep updating your status on this tread so that others can remain hopeful.
Here you go:
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on April 28, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on June 23, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on June 23, 2017.
  4. We sent you correspondence on June 23, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

mmab50

Jan 16, 2016
I applied in March 17 . Secondary review in May 17 and on 2 Janua 18 online status showing "Decision made". Is it approved or rejected? Seniors please advise. Thanks

SRIS

Star Member
Dec 22, 2017
I applied in March 17 . Secondary review in May 17 and on 2 Janua 18 online status showing "Decision made". Is it approved or rejected? Seniors please advise. Thanks
Hopefully it is decision in your favor.

Please share how many days in Canada before sent renewal application and whether IRCC asked you to submit any documents after they placed you in secondary review.

khalid h

Jan 21, 2010
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad.....UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09 July 09
Doc's Request.
11 Sep 09
Nomination.....
05 Jan 2010
AOR Received.
20th Jan 2010
IELTS Request
7 sent with docs
File Transfer...
30th June 2010
Med's Request
1st May 2012
Med's Done....
21st May 2012
Interview........
No please
Passport Req..
PPR1-18th July, PPR2- 17th August
VISA ISSUED...
5th Sept 2012
LANDED..........
17th October 2012 inshAllah
Yes hopefully it is approved, please share further details of your case

mmab50

Jan 16, 2016
Thanks SRIS n Khalid h, My timeline was as follows:

On-Line Services

Permanent Resident Card
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on March 31, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on May 30, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on May 30, 2017.
  4. We sent you correspondence on May 30, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
My physical presence days were 740, have travelled a lot including ME n US, home country. IRCC asked me to submit the following:

* Complete pages (including blank pages) of your passport(s)/travel document(s) held in the last 5 years. Ensure all pages are in colour and are clearly legible.
AND
* Personal immigration entry/exit record or movement certificate issued by the countries where you have travelled.

If the documents you provide in support of your application are not in English or French, you must also provide a certified copy of English or French translation and a certified copy of the translator’s declaration. A translator’s declaration must include the translator’s name, the original language of the translated document and a statement signed by a translator that the translation is accurate.

Submitted both on 25 June 2017, since then they didn't ask for any additional documents and on checking online status on 25 Jan 18, found decision made.

Hope it helps!

Reactions: Hanataha

SRIS

Star Member
Dec 22, 2017

On-Line Services

Permanent Resident Card
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on March 31, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on May 30, 2017.
  4. We sent you correspondence on May 30, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
My physical presence days were 740, have travelled a lot including ME n US, home country. IRCC asked me to submit the following:

* Complete pages (including blank pages) of your passport(s)/travel document(s) held in the last 5 years. Ensure all pages are in colour and are clearly legible.
AND
* Personal immigration entry/exit record or movement certificate issued by the countries where you have travelled.

If the documents you provide in support of your application are not in English or French, you must also provide a certified copy of English or French translation and a certified copy of the translator’s declaration. A translator’s declaration must include the translator’s name, the original language of the translated document and a statement signed by a translator that the translation is accurate.

Submitted both on 25 June 2017, since then they didn't ask for any additional documents and on checking online status on 25 Jan 18, found decision made.

Hope it helps!
Thanks for the info. It does help as waiting over an important matter like PR renewal for 10+ months is mentally straining. Not to mention your life goes on hold. My kids renewal application was filed in March so I guess it may be due for a decision about now. Thanks again and good luck.

SRIS

Star Member
Dec 22, 2017
Hello everyone, been following this thread and thanks to everyone who contributes to make things clearer for the rest of us... it's been quiet the last 2 weeks, any updates?

file received march 16th 2017
referred to SR may 23rd 2017

no add. docs needed

and haven't heard back since
Can you kindly share if there has been any update on your PR renewal case. My kids PR Renewal have similiar time line to your case and there is no update.

SRIS

Star Member
Dec 22, 2017
What exactly was requested in your case?

I had a similar request stating that my application was in SR, Passport copies were requested with entry / exit stamps. Movement Certificates from countries travelled to were not requested.

Application received / Additional Info requested & SR in early May 2017.. Nothing heard since then.

Good Luck with your application...
Hi bpjee,

Can you share if your there has been any updates on your PR renewal application that was moved to SR in March 2017. My family has similar dates to yours.

SRIS

Star Member
Dec 22, 2017
Have you submitted all pages of passports in 5 y
Hi washah,

Has your March 2017 PR renewal application that went into SR gotten finalized? My family PR renewal application has similar time line to yours and I am getting stressed.

SRIS

Star Member
Dec 22, 2017
Hello Fellow Forum Members
We (Myself, wife and daughter) applied for a PR Renewal on Feb 11 2017, and received an acknowledgement of case file being received along with an email on April 21 2017, for the following documents:

"For the purposes of determining if you have upheld the residency obligations in meeting the requirements for a Permanent Resident Card and in accordance with Section 28 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, please provide us with proof of your residency in Canada for the period FEBRUARY 11, 2012 to FEBRUARY 11, 2017. Please submit a copy of the following documents dated within the period specified above:

Complete pages (including blank pages) of your passport(s)/travel document(s) held in the last 5 years. Ensure all pages are in colour and are clearly legible.
AND
Personal immigration entry/exit record or movement certificate issued by the countries where you have travelled
."

We haven't set foot outside Canada since 26th Dec 2014 accumulating 775 days in total continuous stay in Ontario. We submitted all relevant documents (bills, tax assessments, lease copies and coloured passport pages with a complete history of our previous travels) still being asked to re-submit the colored copies of the passports. My questions are:

1- Is this normal procedure?
2- Any insights into obtaining travel records from UAE, Pakistan, Mauritius, London, Singapore and Malaysia would be highly appreciated.
3- Should I submit e-ticket print outs for countries that I can not obtain travel history from?
4- Should I be worried or be proactive about anything in particular to avoid further delays.
4- Any other heads up or suggestions please do share. Thanks!
Hi xtreme75,

Can you kindly share if IRCC has finalized your PR renewal application that went fro SR. My kids PR renewal application went for SR in May 2017 and I am getting anxious. Thanks.

mmab50

Jan 16, 2016

On-Line Services

Permanent Resident Card

AND

Hope it helps!
SRIS

Just an update: Online status shows "complete". Card sent by mail on 29 Jan.

Reactions: jrjayl