+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Email from CIC that PR card renewal needs secondary review

outflare

Star Member
Jun 20, 2017
the operator didn't tell me that but I haven't got any request for additional documents and I submitted all documents when I applied so I don't think they would need anything. Why additional delay and what they do at local level?
HAVE YOU RECIEVED YOUR CARD
PLEASE SHARE YOUR TIMELINE

outflare

Star Member
Jun 20, 2017
Hello everyone, been following this thread and thanks to everyone who contributes to make things clearer for the rest of us... it's been quiet the last 2 weeks, any updates?

file received march 16th 2017
referred to SR may 23rd 2017

no add. docs needed

and haven't heard back since
any luck?

outflare

Star Member
Jun 20, 2017
Greetings all,

My request for PR Card Renewal was received in CIC on 27th Feb 2017. Today I have received and email from them stating as follows:

This refers to the application(s) for a Permanent Resident Card that you filed with this office. The purpose of this letter is to advise you that a preliminary review of your application has been completed and additional information is required before our final review can be completed. We will endeavor to finalize your application as soon as possible.

For the purposes of determining if you have upheld the residency obligations in meeting the requirements for a Permanent Resident Card and in accordance with Section 28 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, please provide us with proof of your residency in Canada for the period 2012-02-17 TO 2017-02-22. Please submit a copy of the following documents dated within the period specified above:

q Complete pages (including blank pages) of your passport(s)/travel document(s) held in the last 5 years. Ensure all pages are in colour and are clearly legible.

whats the update on your status
My question - is this normal or is this a secondary review. they have not requested for entry exit stamp verifications.

Thanks in advance

outflare

Star Member
Jun 20, 2017
so i called cic and told them that i had not recieved any email about secondary review . they said technically they should have sent and then next day they sent me an email that my file has gone for secondary review .

Moori

Sep 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-09-2010
AOR Received.
6th Jan 2011
File Transfer...
25th feb 2011
Med's Request
March 8, 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21-4-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-5-2011
so i called cic and told them that i had not recieved any email about secondary review . they said technically they should have sent and then next day they sent me an email that my file has gone for secondary review .

did they ask for additional documents ?

outflare

Star Member
Jun 20, 2017
No so far they have not asked for any additional documents. Although I sent copies of all passport pages with application. Including all the stamps

outflare

Star Member
Jun 20, 2017
On-Line Services
FAQ | Security
Permanent Resident Card
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on April 20, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on June 20, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on June 20, 2017.
  4. We sent you a letter on July 19, 2017. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
Today they updated my status with the pointer # 4 . I recieved an email yesterday about the secondary review ? are they talking about the same email or shall i expect a letter in regular mail ?

Sandy8283

Dec 11, 2016
Hi guys,
This is to ask you guys that i have applied my PR renewal card on 30May 2017. It is going to be expire in 20August 2017. Can anybody suggest me the timeline or something. Because its my first time so i have not received any update or email from the CIC. All of Ur's suggestions would be highly appreciated.
Thanks
Singh

outflare

Star Member
Jun 20, 2017
Hi guys,
This is to ask you guys that i have applied my PR renewal card on 30May 2017. It is going to be expire in 20August 2017. Can anybody suggest me the timeline or something. Because its my first time so i have not received any update or email from the CIC. All of Ur's suggestions would be highly appreciated.
Thanks
Singh
You will get an email by 30 th July that they have recieved your application. And a day later you will be able to access your application status online

Sandy8283

Dec 11, 2016
You will get an email by 30 th July that they have recieved your application. And a day later you will be able to access your application status online
oh..thank you so much dear and one thing when i go online to check the online status it is not showing my name even as it was showing before. This is showing only my wife name and all staus related to her only. Is this happen?

outflare

Star Member
Jun 20, 2017
oh..thank you so much dear and one thing when i go online to check the online status it is not showing my name even as it was showing before. This is showing only my wife name and all staus related to her only. Is this happen?
They will send you an UCI number along with the acknowledgement email. You will use that number to check status of your application. I guess just wait till they send you the email.

Sandy8283

Dec 11, 2016
alright.....thanks for your instantly reply..
Hi I got the mail that cic has received my application for PR renewal and now I can see this online as well...so this is to ask u guys that how long more ll this process take for me to get that card...thanks

outflare

Star Member
Jun 20, 2017
Hi I got the mail that cic has received my application for PR renewal and now I can see this online as well...so this is to ask u guys that how long more ll this process take for me to get that card...thanks
if your application is straight forward , they will mail your pr card in next 10 days , but if it goes for secondary review then there is no time limit. I am still waiting . its been 3 months