+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Eligility under AINP (applicant from US)

Canadabie

Star Member
Dec 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Earlier Buffalo later on xfered to Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
AOR Received.
End of Sept 2011
File Transfer...
To Ottawa
Med's Request
End of Sept 2011
Med's Done....
Oct 2011
Passport Req..
11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
12-2012
LANDED..........
12-2012
Hello Friends,
One of my friends completed his Master's and has background in information technology, wants to apply under AINP. If he has full time employment letter from Alberta employer, can he file his application? Does his employer needs to file LMO?

Regards,
Canadabie

Canadabie

Star Member
Dec 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
AOR Received.
End of Sept 2011
File Transfer...
To Ottawa
Med's Request
End of Sept 2011
Med's Done....
Oct 2011
Passport Req..
11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
12-2012
LANDED..........
12-2012
Hello Seniors,
Can you please post you opinions? really appreciate it.

Thanks
Canadabie

echoes1978

Apr 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canadabie said:
Hello Friends,
One of my friends completed his Master's and has background in information technology, wants to apply under AINP. If he has full time employment letter from Alberta employer, can he file his application? Does his employer needs to file LMO?

Regards,
Canadabie
yes, he needs LMO

http://www.albertacanada.com/immigration/immigrating/ainp-eds-skilled-worker-criteria.aspx

Canadabie

Star Member
Dec 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
AOR Received.
End of Sept 2011
File Transfer...
To Ottawa
Med's Request
End of Sept 2011
Med's Done....
Oct 2011
Passport Req..
11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
12-2012
LANDED..........
12-2012
Hi echoes1978,
Thanks a lot for your reply. I thought that if candidate has full time employment letter then he can be exempt from LMO, may be I am not reading the lines properly,

http://www.albertacanada.com/immigration/immigrating/ainp.aspx
"Skilled worker or Alberta employer
You are a foreign worker and have a permanent, full-time job offer from an Alberta employer in a skilled occupation (NOC 0, A, B)"

Is this applicable to applicant who is already in the province on work permit? BTW how long the LMO takes if employer files it?

Thanks again for your help on this and really appreciate it..

Regards,
Canadabie

echoes1978

Apr 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canadabie said:
Hi echoes1978,
Thanks a lot for your reply. I thought that if candidate has full time employment letter then he can be exempt from LMO, may be I am not reading the lines properly,

http://www.albertacanada.com/immigration/immigrating/ainp.aspx
"Skilled worker or Alberta employer
You are a foreign worker and have a permanent, full-time job offer from an Alberta employer in a skilled occupation (NOC 0, A, B)"

Is this applicable to applicant who is already in the province on work permit? BTW how long the LMO takes if employer files it?

Thanks again for your help on this and really appreciate it..

Regards,
Canadabie
Yes, technically if your first work permit was issued with LMO and you apply for AINP while that work permit is valid, than your employer could use that same LMO which you used for your first worrk permit. At least it sounds like it when you read the instructions. I am not sure. But you will have to ask for new LMO anyway because nomination process will last for 10 months maybe and you will need to extend your stay anyway right?

On AINP pages they say: Provide proof of your authorization to hire a foreign worker by showing either the Labour Market Opinion (LMO), or evidence of the LMO exemption. I am not sure if this is the same LMO which you used for your first work permit or is it a new one for AINP process?

I have a question also! If you send your LMO for work permit application, does it mean that you need to ask for two original copies of LMO, one for AINP and another for second work permit or copy will be enough for AINP process?