+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Eligibiliy interview time line

edda deniz

Apr 16, 2023
As after first interview 2nd interview is taking time.
Share your 2nd eligibilty interview weeks after first interview.

SRB30

Mar 13, 2023
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22/12/2022
Med's Request
03/01/2023
Med's Done....
07/01/2023
Interview........
17/02/2023
Passport Req..
17/02/2023
LANDED..........
29/09/2022
First eligibility interview was on February 17th, second didn’t get yet. Officer in Etobicoke (Toronto) said on 17th that second interview should be for 4/6 weeks, but they didn’t call me. I’ve received Work Permit on March, 8th.

edda deniz

Apr 16, 2023
First eligibility interview was on February 17th, second didn’t get yet. Officer in Etobicoke (Toronto) said on 17th that second interview should be for 4/6 weeks, but they didn’t call me. I’ve received Work Permit on March, 8th.
Really.
Did u call their office again to ask when is it expected. Or any way to check where is the current procedure.

SRB30

Mar 13, 2023
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22/12/2022
Med's Request
03/01/2023
Med's Done....
07/01/2023
Interview........
17/02/2023
Passport Req..
17/02/2023
LANDED..........
29/09/2022
Really.
Did u call their office again to ask when is it expected. Or any way to check where is the current procedure.
To be honest I didn’t call because I presumed that there is no number or they re too busy to respond like with regular immigration number. Tomorrow morning will try to reach someone to see what’s going on.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
The posted timelines are often incorrect because there is a huge volume of asylum claimants in the past 6-12 months. You got a WP which is very lucky because many are waiting up to a year for one,

edda deniz

Apr 16, 2023
To be honest I didn’t call because I presumed that there is no number or they re too busy to respond like with regular immigration number. Tomorrow morning will try to reach someone to see what’s going on.
Sure. Do update me also what theh said.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I think that depends a lot in which province you applied. In Montreal, Quebec is going normally and fast. Usually both interviews and WP you finish for a month. In Ontario is high volume so I am not that surprised. Just like I’ve mentioned in the previous topic, I am only concerned about this health system which is working terrible for babies and immunisation. IFHP coverage is not supported by 80% clinics. And if it is, they don’t accept new patients, so I am forced to pay each appointment for my kid.
Expect that it will be 1-2 years before you get a hearing since applicants from Serbia are unlikely to be considered as less complex. You will need to deal with IFHP until at least then. IFHP is more generous than the benefits that many Canadians receive. Many Canadians struggle to find a GP for their children even when they have OHIP or other provincial coverage. A local resettlement agency may have an idea who is accepting IFHP and is currently accepting new patients or whqt walk-in clinics accept IFHP and do immunizations. If your child is a US citizen were you initially living in the US? Assume your child must have had some immunizations there. The fact that you could have claimed asylum in the US will likely be highlighted in your asylum claim.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I understand that many Canadians are struggling with the system, like we were doing in the Europe, specially on Balkans.
I was working for the US company for ages, my pregnancy was too complicated so I had to stay in US and give a birth there, it was not my choice. I never dreamt about the life in the States and is not my cup of tea. Whatever agreement is between Canada and US, US is not the safe country on my opinion and there I didn’t see my future and future of my kid. She had some vaccines there but most of vaccines we’ve got from Serbian clinics.
You may not consider US safe or your preferred location but in general Canada does consider it a safe country and if you had spent significant time in the US and feared for your life in Serbia that you had the opportunity to claim asylum in the US. That will likely be an issue with your asylum claim. The lack of access to primary care in Canada would be comparable to places like the UK, France, Italy, etc. Eastern Europe is very different. Many Eastern European doctors have moved to Western Europe along with a large percentage of the young people.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am not consi

I am unable to consider the US as a safe country(my personal opinion) due to high volume of shooting and terroristic attacks, there is no other term which I can use when some random person kill several people in the middle of the grocery store.
I don’t feel safe in a country where everyone can have a gun and in the city where I’ve lived in US before just couple of months again was some “unexpected” shooting where died 10 people, just because someone was mad or angry on their boss.
In European countries is not that easy to start a new life when you don’t speak their language, I believe that you know almost every country has own language. Here I have relatives who survived and worse things since 90s so I had a good reason to believe that here I could find my peace.
For medical issue I will fight because my baby girl needs to have a good care, even if that means that I have to pay every time, I will do it. In EE countries we are anyway used on waiting, so private clinics were always alternative if you have any worries, like I do. And thanks again for help and advices, means a lot for someone who is learning new system and starting a new life.
You personally may not think that the US is unsafe but that is not how Canada views the US which is what counts. You also worked in the US. Had you truly feared for your safety you would have never moved to the US to work there even temporarily. Getting asylum in a country is purely about seeking safety from persecution in your home country. One may prefer to seek asylum in a country where you already speak the language but that is not a requirement for asylum it is an added benefit if you arrive already speaking English or French. There were plenty of Serbians who got asylum in Canada in the 90s due to conflict who had no English or French skills. For some people Canada was being presented as their only option other than remaining in Serbia so like many other asylum seekers they leaned English or French in a Canada. When it comes to seeking asylum what is important is seeking safety and usually in the first safe country (country’s safety determined by the UN, general consensus across the world, etc.). Your ability to speak the language is not a factor when it comes to granting asylum and doesn’t allow you to pick and chose where you’d like to claim asylum. That is generally referred to as asylum shopping.