+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Eligibility under review from last 7 months

shehzad_7866

Jul 30, 2014
Shehzad you are in Canada you can order GCMS notes for free, you need to know what is triggering this review required... it could be because one or multiple factors such as:
- Letter of reference, NOC, Job duties not matching
- PoF (I am not sure if you are CEC or FSW-Inland)
- Points claimed for siblings/relatives in Canada
- Education credentials (even if you have studied in Canada)
etc...
With GCMS you can know exactly this reason and act accordingly to provide the relevant documents without the need to wait further.
There is nothing official about it, but on a number applications I have noticed that ordering GCMS does trigger your application to be reviewed by IRCC.
GCMS Notes: https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/
OK I just ordered the GCMS Notes today.
lets see what happens.

Thanks for your advice.

skashanm

Star Member
Aug 18, 2016
There are number of reasons why eligibility is under review and that too for such an extended period

If you review the thread posted by BillHyatt you will understand what constitutes Eligibility
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/post-e-apr-process-and-common-reasons-for-rejection.510587/

It could be that the following documents requires review which has not bee completed:

- Your Education docs
- Your Work Experience docs
- Docs related to proof of relatives in Canada.
- Proof of funds docs
etc...

Have you @skashanm @ennytoolz called IRCC to find out why eligibility is taking so long ? if Yes have the provided you some more information which particular points above requires so much extra time ?
It was relating to my business, I am federal trades candidate, even though i did submitted ownership documents but unfortunately officer could not find them, i resubmitted them in march, waiting for officer to review my file since then.

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
It was relating to my business, I am federal trades candidate, even though i did submitted ownership documents but unfortunately officer could not find them, i resubmitted them in march, waiting for officer to review my file since then.
It would suggest you to order GCMS notes to know whats going on with your application.

shehzad_7866

Jul 30, 2014
My AOR is 23rd February 2018
I am in the exact same boat, My Medicals and Background Check is Passed

But Eligibility is still under review and
Security has not yet started.

I have just ordered GCMS Notes last week, may take a couple of days to come.

At this time i can only remember that i have not submitted any document of my current job (in canada) which explains the Duties & Responsibilities of my role in this company. (Coz my company would not give me any letter like that), so 1 of my friend who got the PR while working in the same company & same role, said to me that it won't matter coz he didn't submitted that document either but still got the PR within 4 months.

idk what's going on with my application, i'l be leaving this job after working here for 2 years.
Lets see what info i get in the GCMS notes. fingers crossed.

Fatymasaad

Oct 11, 2018
My AOR is 23rd February 2018
I am in the exact same boat, My Medicals and Background Check is Passed

But Eligibility is still under review and
Security has not yet started.

I have just ordered GCMS Notes last week, may take a couple of days to come.

At this time i can only remember that i have not submitted any document of my current job (in canada) which explains the Duties & Responsibilities of my role in this company. (Coz my company would not give me any letter like that), so 1 of my friend who got the PR while working in the same company & same role, said to me that it won't matter coz he didn't submitted that document either but still got the PR within 4 months.

idk what's going on with my application, i'l be leaving this job after working here for 2 years.
Lets see what info i get in the GCMS notes. fingers crossed.[/QUOTE Hello...did you receive your ppr??

shehzad_7866

Jul 30, 2014
Need some Expert Advice here Please...

AOR is 23rd February 2018, (Inland Applicant)
No update since then, applied for GCMS notes in October, received in November, they mention Eligibility = Review Required as they are unable to confim the NOC skill level of my Canadian job, as i failed to provide them a letter of my company that explains my duties & responsibility. (But i did uploaded my letter of employment which tells my job title, pay and joining date)

It says :
UNABLE TO CONFIRM THE NOC FOR WORK EXPERIENCE WITH 'XXXX'. CRS AND MIN REQUIREMENT NOT MET. PLEASE REVIEW A11.2 : Review Required R87.1 : CEC MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS - Review Required

My total CRS was 459 when i applied, out of which 40 is for the canadian job, they have successfully reviewed 419 points so far.
All these happened around March/April, since then, my file has not been updated or even touched, They have not Rejected my application yet.

I immediately uploaded that Duties & Responsibilities document within 1 week after receiving the GCMS notes in November, Since then, no update yet. i have now applied for another set of GCMS notes in January, might receive it by next month.
fingers crossed. what do i do now?

I am not in Canada any more and have resigned from my job after working there for 2 years,, i don't even know if i would've ever received an interview call from CIC as im not in canada.

please help :(

Last edited:

dineoctaor

Star Member
Mar 17, 2019

No update since then, applied for GCMS notes in October, received in November, they mention Eligibility = Review Required as they are unable to confim the NOC skill level of my Canadian job, as i failed to provide them a letter of my company that explains my duties & responsibility. (But i did uploaded my letter of employment which tells my job title, pay and joining date)

It says :
UNABLE TO CONFIRM THE NOC FOR WORK EXPERIENCE WITH 'XXXX'. CRS AND MIN REQUIREMENT NOT MET. PLEASE REVIEW A11.2 : Review Required R87.1 : CEC MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS - Review Required

My total CRS was 459 when i applied, out of which 40 is for the canadian job, they have successfully reviewed 419 points so far.
All these happened around March/April, since then, my file has not been updated or even touched, They have not Rejected my application yet.

I immediately uploaded that Duties & Responsibilities document within 1 week after receiving the GCMS notes in November, Since then, no update yet. i have now applied for another set of GCMS notes in January, might receive it by next month.

I am not in Canada any more and have resigned from my job after working there for 2 years,, i don't even know if i would've ever received an interview call from CIC as im not in canada.

Hello,

Have you received any update?

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018

It says :

Clear case of "reference letter" not provided in the correct format. Now, it has gone to second review and it takes ages.

timsplosion

Dec 17, 2017
Clear case of "reference letter" not provided in the correct format. Now, it has gone to second review and it takes ages.
I'm in basically the same boat - submitted 16 March 2018, medicals passed, placed for review due to a failure of my Canadian employer to include the list of duties on the reference letter.

How long does second review take? I'm closing in on 13 months total processing.

Should I be just scrapping this application and reapplying, or am I getting close to the end?

dineoctaor

Star Member
Mar 17, 2019
I'm in basically the same boat - submitted 16 March 2018, medicals passed, placed for review due to a failure of my Canadian employer to include the list of duties on the reference letter.

How long does second review take? I'm closing in on 13 months total processing.

Should I be just scrapping this application and reapplying, or am I getting close to the end?
Well. I'm on the same boat. scrapping the application once again doesn't guarantee you a slam dunk. Worst case I've seen applications crossing 16 months and receiving the PPR. Better to wait rather than re-joining the queue !

NZ_ozzie

Sep 4, 2018
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
10-11-2018
Doc's Request.
11-12-2018
AOR Received.
10-11-2018
Med's Done....
11-12-2018
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2019
Well. I'm on the same boat. scrapping the application once again doesn't guarantee you a slam dunk. Worst case I've seen applications crossing 16 months and receiving the PPR. Better to wait rather than re-joining the queue !
Agree

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
This is what happens if you do not provide correct documents.

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018

NZ_ozzie

Sep 4, 2018
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
10-11-2018
Doc's Request.
11-12-2018
AOR Received.
10-11-2018
Med's Done....
11-12-2018
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2019
This is what happens if you do not provide correct documents.
Do you really think people commit mistakes on purpose knowing their file could be stuck with IRCC for maybe years if they provide incorrect documents? come on....

Reactions: Lamart