+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Eligibility to work in implied status with the Study permit does not allow to work off-campus?

phuocpham

Mar 21, 2019
Hello everyone, I am thank you in advance for reading my post.
This is my situation, I just graduated from 2 years program with good GPA 85%. Because of the covid lockdown, my program was defferred 4 months (it was counted as a break term, I got an official letter from college). Therefore, 5 months ago, I applied to extend my study permit.
After I got my new study permit, unfortunately, it does not allow me to engage in off-campus employment. I amended for that mistake 4 months ago and my study permit has not arrived back yet. I have called the IRCC many times and have got answers that I have to wait because of the Afghan crisis.
I will be under Implied status applying for PGWP and I just wonder is that possible for me to start to work after ? My SIN number expired with the old study permit already, I cant extend SIN without my new study permit back.
Thank you

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
This is my situation, I just graduated from 2 years program with good GPA 85%. Because of the covid lockdown, my program was defferred 4 months (it was counted as a break term, I got an official letter from college). Therefore, 5 months ago, I applied to extend my study permit.
After I got my new study permit, unfortunately, it does not allow me to engage in off-campus employment. I amended for that mistake 4 months ago and my study permit has not arrived back yet. I have called the IRCC many times and have got answers that I have to wait because of the Afghan crisis.
I will be under Implied status applying for PGWP and I just wonder is that possible for me to start to work after ? My SIN number expired with the old study permit already, I cant extend SIN without my new study permit back.
Thank you
You can only work if your previous permit allowed you to work. Even though you're on implied or now called "maintained status" the previous permits work auth will apply, which in this case you had no work auth.

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Thank you

Source :

You can work full-time until we make a decision on your work permit application if you

• had a valid study permit when you submitted your application
  • completed your study program
  • were eligible to work off campus without a work permit while studying and you didn’t work more hours than you were allowed to

Reactions: phuocpham

phuocpham

Mar 21, 2019
Source :

You can work full-time until we make a decision on your work permit application if you

• had a valid study permit when you submitted your application
  • completed your study program
  • were eligible to work off campus without a work permit while studying and you didn’t work more hours than you were allowed to
Thank you
This means I have to wait for my study permit back or PGWP approval either right?
It took me 4 months waiting for the amendment already. It may take longer for PGWP

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Thank you
This means I have to wait for my study permit back or PGWP approval either right?
It took me 4 months waiting for the amendment already. It may take longer for PGWP
Correct. PGWP is taking 3 months now.