+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Eligibility review Study permit extension

Thanos945

Jul 24, 2018
Hey everyone! So the status of my application (study permit EXTNSION from within Canada) changed to "we are reviewing whether you meet the eligilibility requirements" and that happened last friday at around 6pm.

And also the background check part is somehow non applicable, there are no medical exams, no interviews and they didn't ask for additional documents so do you think I can expect an answer by the end of the week?

Thanks!

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
I second to what @bongoman has said.. but in most cases as yours, when status changes and reads "non applicable" then it has gone towards a closer stage to making a decision but only the VOs knows exactly when to drop such decision but the decision will just be chilling around the corner for a call up lol

good luck

Thanos945

Jul 24, 2018
I second to what @bongoman has said.. but in most cases as yours, when status changes and reads "non applicable" then it has gone towards a closer stage to making a decision but only the VOs knows exactly when to drop such decision but the decision will just be chilling around the corner for a call up lol

good luck
I understand, well I guess I can only wait but it's really getting harder

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
My application was just approved! The following is the timeline:
Applied: June 28, 2018
Approved: August 9, 2018
Waiting for the SP to arrive in mail.
Congratulations on your success. your SP won't be uploaded but rather your letter of introduction/correspondence letter which will enable you get a SP at the airport issued by the CBSA

Was your application online? try to share your complete profile and documents submitted so others can pick ideas and improve on theirs..

Good luck

hejsamuel

Star Member
Feb 7, 2016
Congratulations on your success. your SP won't be uploaded but rather your letter of introduction/correspondence letter which will enable you get a SP at the airport issued by the CBSA

Was your application online? try to share your complete profile and documents submitted so others can pick ideas and improve on theirs..

Good luck
Thanks! This is just a SP extension done online with the most basic documents (admission letter, CAQ, proof of funds, passport, photo), which is very easy to obtain.
Unfortunately I can't help much regarding initial SP application since my was done 6 years ago...

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
Thanks! This is just a SP extension done online with the most basic documents (admission letter, CAQ, proof of funds, passport, photo), which is very easy to obtain.
Unfortunately I can't help much regarding initial SP application since my was done 6 years ago...
how much was in the closing balance of the statement of account showed and was it in CDN dollars or your local currency??