+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Eligibility Review Required

Juney201809

Mar 29, 2019
Category........
CEC
Hi, did you get a report on your application. Mine is moreover similar to yours. Aor sep 2018. No updates since Jan 2019. Last gcms note on April says eligibility review required, security not started, criminality in progress. They said my application is at Sydney Nova Scotia. Cic account is frozen with same status for ages. BG shows we are processing your application.
When I called an agent yesterday she told my that I have met the eligibility and asked me to wait until June. I don’t know how much reliable that information was. Ordered for second gcms. Will be arriving on June.. also my WP is expiring this August.. so very much worried :(.. I’m CEC inland applicant. Please give me an update
My application has been approved last Friday. (3 days ago and still waiting for Copr). So my understanding is they froze the application which needs additional documents and until they are asked about what is going on with the application (GCMS note 2 times, Webform 2 times in my case), they don't work on it... I got my first GCMS note and the application started moving and got done in about 2 months. CIC never updated until everything is approved so not really reliable to see the process of my application. If you know in which office your application is, send them email directly.

Reactions: RanaHamdi

RanaHamdi

Star Member
Dec 16, 2018
My application has been approved last Friday. (3 days ago and still waiting for Copr). So my understanding is they froze the application which needs additional documents and until they are asked about what is going on with the application (GCMS note 2 times, Webform 2 times in my case), they don't work on it... I got my first GCMS note and the application started moving and got done in about 2 months. CIC never updated until everything is approved so not really reliable to see the process of my application. If you know in which office your application is, send them email directly.
Congratulations!! Could you please tell us if you submitted a new reference letter ?? I have the same issue and on RR :(

Juney201809

Mar 29, 2019
Category........
CEC
Congratulations!! Could you please tell us if you submitted a new reference letter ?? I have the same issue and on RR :(
I did actually. 4 days before issuing PPR. But I only did it because I found there was a mistake on the date of my contract. Job duty was the same - didn't change it. So I wonder if the letter was even considered by an officer.

RanaHamdi

Star Member
Dec 16, 2018
I did actually. 4 days before issuing PPR. But I only did it because I found there was a mistake on the date of my contract. Job duty was the same - didn't change it. So I wonder if the letter was even considered by an officer.
Oh great. So if the issue wasn't with the duties why did the officer made a comment for your employment ? That's weird.

Juney201809

Mar 29, 2019
Category........
CEC
Oh great. So if the issue wasn't with the duties why did the officer made a comment for your employment ? That's weird.
I have no clue. Maybe it was not even an issue from the first time. ?? Since my job duty can't go wrong, it's very clear and actually matches what they mentioned on CIC.

RanaHamdi

Star Member
Dec 16, 2018
Hi, did you get a report on your application. Mine is moreover similar to yours. Aor sep 2018. No updates since Jan 2019. Last gcms note on April says eligibility review required, security not started, criminality in progress. They said my application is at Sydney Nova Scotia. Cic account is frozen with same status for ages. BG shows we are processing your application.
When I called an agent yesterday she told my that I have met the eligibility and asked me to wait until June. I don’t know how much reliable that information was. Ordered for second gcms. Will be arriving on June.. also my WP is expiring this August.. so very much worried :(.. I’m CEC inland applicant. Please give me an update
hello, Would you mind sharing the reason of the RR on your eligibility? I am on the same boat as well :(

Juney201809

Mar 29, 2019
Category........
CEC
hello, Would you mind sharing the reason of the RR on your eligibility? I am on the same boat as well :(
Job duty doesn’t match was one of the reason. The other one is just their misunderstanding of working period since I went through two different work places.

vis14ndreamz

Star Member
Jul 8, 2018
I guess they thought my job was a coop because my employer wrote that I was paid a stipend instead of wage. But that was a mistake. They haven’t asked me for any supporting documents so far. But I have submitted an updated job letter. Hope it will work. When I called cic last time the agent told me that I have met the eligibility. Not sure if it is true. Waiting for my second gcms note to arrive. How about you

Last edited:

RanaHamdi

Star Member
Dec 16, 2018
Job duty doesn’t match was one of the reason. The other one is just their misunderstanding of working period since I went through two different work places.
I guess they thought my job was a coop because my employer wrote that I was paid a stipend instead of wage. But that was a mistake. They dint ask me for any supporting documents so far. But I have submitted an updated job letter. Hope it will work. When I called cic last time the agent told me that I have met the eligibility. Not sure if it is true. Waiting for my second gcms note to arrive. How about you
my job duties weren't clear, and I just noticed that, I sent them an updated reference letter a week ago, still no acknowledgment yet. very worried that will lead to rejection. I have been advised to withdraw my application and reapply but I chose not to and sent an updated letter. I have no idea whether they will consider it or not. I don't have any other work experience, just this one year of Canadian experience :(

vis14ndreamz

Star Member
Jul 8, 2018
my job duties weren't clear, and I just noticed that, I sent them an updated reference letter a week ago, still no acknowledgment yet. very worried that will lead to rejection. I have been advised to withdraw my application and reapply but I chose not to and sent an updated letter. I have no idea whether they will consider it or not. I don't have any other work experience, just this one year of Canadian experience :(
Why you want to withdraw your application did you get a decision from cic. I guess at some point they put RR on all complex applications. A senior VO will finalize and get in to a decision. He will consider all the other facts before rejecting an application. So unless you get a report I won’t suggest you to withdraw. Miracles happen

RanaHamdi

Star Member
Dec 16, 2018
Why you want to withdraw your application did you get a decision from cic. I guess at some point they put RR on all complex applications. A senior VO will finalize and get in to a decision. He will consider all the other facts before rejecting an application. So unless you get a report I won’t suggest you to withdraw. Miracles happen
Yeah well I agree with you, but an Immigration consultant told me they won't consider your new letter, I was wondering why the officer would ignore it? I mean we make mistakes! but I don't know. I decided not to withdraw because basically I can't, I am on implied status and waiting for BOWP!

Reactions: PrasadK

vis14ndreamz

Star Member
Jul 8, 2018
Trying ordering gcms note that will give you an update and I learned that requesting gcms note can move your application further.

RanaHamdi

Star Member
Dec 16, 2018
Trying ordering gcms note that will give you an update and I learned that requesting gcms note can move your application further.
well yeah I did and what I saw is RR on my eligibility and they cut 40 points for canadian employment. that was 2 weeks ago, I immediately contacted the HR and requested a detailed job description and sent it. that was about 4 days ago. so now I'll wait for their acknowledgment of the new letter and for the officer to review it if possible

Reactions: vis14ndreamz

vis14ndreamz

Star Member
Jul 8, 2018
Yeah well I agree with you, but an Immigration consultant told me they won't consider your new letter, I was wondering why the officer would ignore it? I mean we make mistakes! but I don't know. I decided not to withdraw because basically I can't, I am on implied status and waiting for BOWP!
Did you say that you’re on implied status. So you might have met the eligibility. Because I think you need to have a positive eligibility assessment in order to get BOWP approved. We will get there bro

vis14ndreamz

Star Member
Jul 8, 2018
well yeah I did and what I saw is RR on my eligibility and they cut 40 points for canadian employment. that was 2 weeks ago, I immediately contacted the HR and requested a detailed job description and sent it. that was about 4 days ago. so now I'll wait for their acknowledgment of the new letter and for the officer to review it if possible
Try calling the call centre and ask them whether you have met the eligibility. Sometime they reply and I am note sure either they will give you a right response. Ask them to leave a note for the VO saying that you have made a call enquiring your eligibility. I’m hoping we will get a reply by June