+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Eligibility Recommend passed?

huyongjie1111

Mar 1, 2017
Hi all,

I just got a call from CIC yesterday, and she asked me bunch of questions about my work and education. At the end of the conversation, she said that my application was sent for verification, but as of right now, she doesn't have any concerns.

Today, I called CIC, and asked about my Eligibility status, and the agent told me that my eligibility is recommended passed, and they are working on your security check. And she also told me that my application is in a visa office located in Ontario (she said one city starts with 'O' but I couldn't hear it clearly, I assume it is Ottawa, since there's only one visa office in ontario).

Now, I just don't quiet understand the recommended passed(because if the agent called me yesterday was the vo, why is it still recommended passed but not passed, does it have to wait until they clear the security then turns to passed?). Could you please help me here?

Much appreciate it! Thank you,

JasmineM

Star Member
Jan 17, 2017
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-04-2017
Med's Done....
18-04-2017
Passport Req..
17-08-2018
In my case, I got recommended passed on 2 Jun. It was finally passed on 2 Oct ... 4 whole months ... my security is still processing.

huyongjie1111

Mar 1, 2017
In my case, I got recommended passed on 2 Jun. It was finally passed on 2 Oct ... 4 whole months ... my security is still processing.
I think mine went from review required to recommend pass. I'm not sure if my eligibility is cleared or is still pending for another officer's review.

doge

Mar 29, 2017
Visa Office......
Ottawa CPC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-03-2017
AOR Received.
22-03-2017
Med's Done....
19-04-2017
Passport Req..
28-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-07-2017
LANDED..........
09-08-2017

srujju

Jan 4, 2012
You get to know this information from GCMS notes ??
If so, then can you see if there is any retracted or you see any verification under activities ??

My Eligibility was also recommend passed on june 7th and since then its N/A ..
Other reqs : was the last activity which says not started

sunil238

Star Member
May 7, 2018
Hi all,

I had called CIC a couple of days back and asked if my eligibility is recommended passed. I was told that my eligibility is MET and that would take oversight of another officer for it to be passed.

Now, I am confused if eligibility being 'MET' or 'RECOMMENDED PASSED' means the same or different things. Can anyone help?

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
Hi all,

I had called CIC a couple of days back and asked if my eligibility is recommended passed. I was told that my eligibility is MET and that would take oversight of another officer for it to be passed.

Now, I am confused if eligibility being 'MET' or 'RECOMMENDED PASSED' means the same or different things. Can anyone help?
MET and Recommended Passed are the same.

Reactions: sunil238

Saad1993

Star Member
May 9, 2017
MET and Recommended Passed are the same.
The same happened with me. I called cic and they told me that my eligibility is met but she did not know whether it was mentioned met by case analyst or the visa officer. Can you please provide further insights to it? Thanks

monbear

Star Member
Nov 23, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
16-11-2018
The same happened with me. I called cic and they told me that my eligibility is met but she did not know whether it was mentioned met by case analyst or the visa officer. Can you please provide further insights to it? Thanks
Apparently case analyst reviews files first and the visa officer makes the final approval. It's weird that the agent could not tell which one did it. However, I've seen on this forum that after final approval by visa officer it would say PASSED and not MET.

Seniors advise further

Reactions: Vik_007

Saad1993

Star Member
May 9, 2017
Apparently case analyst reviews files first and the visa officer makes the final approval. It's weird that the agent could not tell which one did it. However, I've seen on this forum that after final approval by visa officer it would say PASSED and not MET.

Seniors advise further
So met means it has been recommend passed by case analyst? And the visa officer review is pending?

monbear

Star Member
Nov 23, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
16-11-2018
So met means it has been recommend passed by case analyst? And the visa officer review is pending?
yeah but either one is good. When the status is REVIEW REQUIRED it's more of a reason to worry.