+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Eligibility Period on physical presence calculator.

kyogesh

Apr 13, 2014
I am thinking of applying for citizenship on 23rd April, physical presence calculator in that case considers my eligibility date starting 23rd April 2013 . I see my physical stay from Jan 14 comes to 1202 days which is substantially higher than whats required i.e 1095 days. So I was wondering if there is any way I can let IRCC know to consider my eligibility date from Jan 14.

The reason I don’t want to consider from 23rd Apr 2013 is because between 23rd Apr 13 and Jan 14 I had lot of non simple situations like implied status, visa rejection, outside canada work. It seems all this information makes my application complicated.

But physical presence calculator doesn’t have option to choose starting eligibility date and even alternative form - "How to calculate physical presence " particularly asks u to to take eligibilty date 5 years before application date.

Has anyone done something like this i.e taking shorter eligibility period?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
I am thinking of applying for citizenship on 23rd April, physical presence calculator in that case considers my eligibility date starting 23rd April 2013 . I see my physical stay from Jan 14 comes to 1202 days which is substantially higher than whats required i.e 1095 days. So I was wondering if there is any way I can let IRCC know to consider my eligibility date from Jan 14.

The reason I don’t want to consider from 23rd Apr 2013 is because between 23rd Apr 13 and Jan 14 I had lot of non simple situations like implied status, visa rejection, outside canada work. It seems all this information makes my application complicated.

But physical presence calculator doesn’t have option to choose starting eligibility date and even alternative form - "How to calculate physical presence " particularly asks u to to take eligibilty date 5 years before application date.

Has anyone done something like this i.e taking shorter eligibility period?
The eligibility period is fixed at 1825 days from the date of application. You can't change that. You will have to do the extra work or wait until January 2019 to apply.

Question123

Apr 15, 2018
Hello
Im a PR . 50% shareholder in corporation in canada.. i stayed outside of canada for more then a year in order to look at production tht was then being imported in canada and sold there. Will my time outside be counted in

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello
Im a PR . 50% shareholder in corporation in canada.. i stayed outside of canada for more then a year in order to look at production tht was then being imported in canada and sold there. Will my time outside be counted in
No - it won't.

If it could be counted - it would only be counted towards your PR residency requirement. For citizenship, you must be physically in Canada for the days to count.

Reactions: foodie69

mpkr

Aug 7, 2019
I have pleaded guilty of harassment charges in June 2019 in UK . The Court have given me non violence restraining order for 5 years not to contact my Ex-wife and asked to pay the fine of 800 pounds but no jail term with one year sentence to be served. The court final conviction charges were UK harassment 1997, section 2. As per the UK law it is classified as a summary offense. As per the phyiscal presence in order to qualify for my citizenship application, I have to spend 5 more months in Canada.

So i was wondering whether i am eligible to apply for Canada citizenship after spending 1095 days in canada in past 5 years and will it effect my citizenship application or jeopardize my current PR status because of the criminal harassment charges ? I don't have any prior convictions before and this is my first conviction. As per the IRCC rules the applicant has to provide the police clearance of any country if the person has lived more than 6 months but I have lived less than a month in UK. So should I even declare this offense in my application ?