+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Eligibility Interview Roxham road

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I’m Yemeni and I’m planning to come through roxham road by coming October, how long will be the waiting time and during waiting time i will be eligible fir study/ work ?
Could take a year there a huge backlog. Study permit isn’t guaranteed and you’ll need to pay international fees.

Mercy011

Jul 31, 2022
I crossed through roxham June 9 but things are different now. I was given one year eligibility interview date from June 9. I transferred my file to toronto and was moved to January 13. Waiting that long is not easy

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My date has been changed too. I didn't write them.
When you change your address your eligibility interview location has to also be changed. You also have to change your lawyer as well if you qualify and are using legal aid. Assume that Ontario eligibility interview times will start going up because many are leaving Quebec after realizing how long eligibility interview times are. 6-8 months is currently typical for places like the GTA but they are slowly getting longer. There are also huge numbers of homeless asylum seekers in the GTA. Asylum seekers represent a large proportion of people taking up shelter beds. The cost of living must be considered by asylum seekers. Toronto and Vancouver are too expensive to live on for most receiving welfare. Other cities should be considered. If you secure well paying job after getting a WP people can move to expensive cities.

Mercy011

Jul 31, 2022
What was your date and what have you received?

Did you send them any documents or filled the form and sent
My date was next year may. They changed to January when I emailed them I was moving from quebec to toronto. I was emailed back to fill all the forms given to me which I did and sent. 2 months after I got email that the date is changed from next year to this year September.

Suri5654

Jul 23, 2022
My date was next year may. They changed to January when I emailed them I was moving from quebec to toronto. I was emailed back to fill all the forms given to me which I did and sent. 2 months after I got email that the date is changed from next year to this year September.
Ohh thats nice .. to which email address to send ?

Mercy011

Jul 31, 2022
Did you just send the filled form or anything in the email as well ?
My case might be different from yours tho. So before leaving Quebec i went to the cbsa office at antoine Street. Told them I am relocating. The receptionist I met gave me that email to officially inform them I was. I sent email to it that I was going to Toronto. And I later got the date that my appointment was changed and the email contains instructions of the forms to be filled and where to send them to. Hope that helps

Reactions: Suri5654

Suri5654

Jul 23, 2022
My case might be different from yours tho. So before leaving Quebec i went to the cbsa office at antoine Street. Told them I am relocating. The receptionist I met gave me that email to officially inform them I was. I sent email to it that I was going to Toronto. And I later got the date that my appointment was changed and the email contains instructions of the forms to be filled and where to send them to. Hope that helps
Yes much clear now .. thank you so much

Reactions: Mercy011

Kamal abdu

Aug 11, 2022
Hi guys
I am In the US right on US B1 visa , i have dual citizenships syrian and argentine, can i cross to canada and seek asylum? I faced some descrimination in argentina due to my arab roots? And syria my counytry of origin is in war. What are my chances in canada?

Mercy011

Jul 31, 2022
Hi guys
I am In the US right on US B1 visa , i have dual citizenships syrian and argentine, can i cross to canada and seek asylum? I faced some descrimination in argentina due to my arab roots? And syria my counytry of origin is in war. What are my chances in canada?
If your B1 visa is valid, maybe go back and try coming to canada through study permit. Or better still get a canada visitor visa and apply for work permit when you arrive. I'm saying if you're not already illegal in usa, you might still have chance of coming to canada with ease rather than the hard way. Argentina is one of the safest place to live in Latin America. You'll need alot of proof to deem it unsafe for you. Its a little confusing cos as syrian you should be able to get refugee but not sure about dual citizenship. Nothing is impossible tho. So I'll say get a lawyer first. Possibly a lawyer that has good history of taking syrian refugee cases.

ooAbdu

Jul 19, 2022
Hi guys
I'm recommending to come in a legal way by using Argentine Passport and applying for a study visa, you will have a big chance to get the visa then you can complete your study here, work and then apply for PR

Reactions: Mercy011