+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Eligibility for PR based on job offer

Prashant_ved

Jul 12, 2018
Hi,

I am going through various online resources but not finding the exact answer so posting here again. I have been in Canada working on closed WP for last 4 months (LIMA exempt). Question on below line from CIC

8) Do you have a valid job offer supported by a Labour Market Impact Assessment (if needed)?

A valid job offer must be
  • full-time
  • in a skilled job listed as Skill Type 0, or Skill Level A or B in the 2011 National Occupational Classification
  • supported by a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) or exempt from needing one
  • for one year from the time you become a permanent resident
A job offer isn’t valid if your employer is:
  • an embassy, high commission or consulate in Canada or
  • on the list of ineligible employers.
Whether an offer is valid or not also depends on different factors, depending on your case. See a full list of criteria for valid job offers.

Since I have the valid job offer so can I go ahead and select Yes for it now based on 4 moth experience in Canada or do I need to select No and wait for a year to select Yes?

Prashant_ved

Jul 12, 2018
Thanks! I think will have to wait for a year then.

One followup question so during year if I go for vacation to my home country for a month then will that be considered towards one year or not or that will add up another month to the one year or doesn't matter as long as I am paid in CAD.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
"An allowance for a reasonable period of vacation time will generally be made in calculating the period of qualifying work experience (e.g., a two-week period of paid vacation leave within a given 52-week period in which the applicant was engaged in qualifying work experience). An allowance for normal vacation time during a period of qualifying work experience cannot be used as a substitute or proxy for meeting the in-Canada element of the work experience requirement (i.e., work experience obtained outside Canada will not be considered as though the applicant had been on a period of vacation in order to be counted as part of the period of in-Canada work experience). While officers will account for a reasonable period of vacation time in calculating the period of qualifying work experience in Canada, each application is considered on its own merits with a final decision based on a review of all the information available to the officer at the time of decision."

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/economic-classes/experience/qualifying-work-experience.html