+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Eligibility for federal skilled trades program

Jun 27, 2015
Hello everyone
I want to come to Canada as a permanent resident.So I would like to know that am I eligible for applying under federal skilled trades program.
I had completed one year ITI(vocational training) course in welding from an recognized government trade school in Punjab,India.
I have 2 years of work experience as a welder.One year experience is before the vocational training course and one year experience is after vocational training course.
So please tell me that whether my profile is good for applying or not.
I am also taking ielts classes and my test is on 11th of July.

montu1083

Star Member
Oct 14, 2014
India
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17/01/2017
Nomination.....
03/12/2016
AOR Received.
17/01/2017
Passport Req..
31/05/2017
Hello Sarpreet,

Federal Skilled Trade Program (FSTP) is very complex. I have wasted 2 years behind. As per your qualification & experience you are eligible for it but to put up your immigration file, you have to fulfil either of following mentioned conditions.

1) You have to get Job Offer Letter from Canadian Employer along with LMIA which is issued by Government Body HRSDC. OR

2) You have to get Certificate of Qualification. For that You have to go to Canada to appear in exams. The classes are held for it as per your trade and you have to pay fees for it.

So bottomline is you have to get either of above mentioned document. So if you are really keen for FSTP then be prepared to go to Canada to appear in Certificate of Qualification in Welder Trade because getting job offer letter along with LMIA is too much tough. & one more thing. You have to score 80% or more to get Certificate of Qualification. Another is to get minimum 6 band in each module of IELTS.

I hope this info will be useful for you

All the Best

Jun 27, 2015
montu1083 said:
Hello Sarpreet,

Federal Skilled Trade Program (FSTP) is very complex. I have wasted 2 years behind. As per your qualification & experience you are eligible for it but to put up your immigration file, you have to fulfil either of following mentioned conditions.

1) You have to get Job Offer Letter from Canadian Employer along with LMIA which is issued by Government Body ESCRD. OR

2) You have to get Certificate of Qualification. For that You have to go to Canada to appear in exams. The classes are held for it as per your trade and you have to pay fees for it.

So bottomline is you have to get either of above mentioned document. So if you are really keen for FSTP then be prepared to go to Canada to appear in Certificate of Qualification in Welder Trade because getting job offer letter along with LMIA is too much tough. & one more thing. You have to score 80% or more to get Certificate of Qualification. Another is to get minimum 6 band in each module of IELTS.

All the Best
Thanks bro for your help.I really appreciate it.

PRDream

May 2, 2016
montu1083 said:
Hello Sarpreet,

1) You have to get Job Offer Letter from Canadian Employer along with LMIA which is issued by Government Body HRSDC. OR

All the Best
Hi Montu 1083 & all,

The EE-FST only require CLB 5 (English) but you said it is required minimum 6 band in each module of IELTS. Could you pls help to confirm the requirement

Thanks you for your verification

Federal Skilled Trades Program

You must meet the minimum level of
•CLB 5 (English) or NCLC 5 (French) for speaking and listening, and
•CLB 4 (English) or NCLC 4 (French) for reading and writing.

You must take a language test approved by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) and include the results when you complete your Express Entry profile if you are invited to apply for permanent residence.

If you do not, you will not be eligible for Express Entry.

PRDream

May 2, 2016
Hi All,

Could you pls help to check whether I eligibility for EE-FST:

I am 42 years old, my wife 37 years old and have IELTS overall score around 6
I have experience about 5 years part time job for Chef & Cook in a restaurant in my home country ( I do Chef & Cook because I love to do it) I also have another full time job having experience more than 10 years
I only have short certificate for cooking what can not use for WES assessment but my full time job is eligibility for WES assessment equivalent bachelor 4 years Canadian ( I have not enough 67/100 for the FSW)
My IELTS score: 1st: L5.5, R5.0, W5.5, S6.5, 2nd: L5.5, R5.0, W5.5, S5.5
I have got visitor visa and visited Canada in last Jan'16, I have a Canadian friend they are owner of Vietnamese restaurant and want to recruit me to his restaurant and willing to do LMIA for my job, he does not know he can get LMIA but he will support to do.

With above my condition Do I have enough score to process EE-FST for PR?

Could you pls also advise which preferable position I should use to do LMIA as I know my job falling under NOC code: 6321 or 6322.

Thanks a lot for your help.