+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Eligibility Condition "You must currently have a valid work permit that expires in 4 months or less" for BOWP is removed?

Humaira umer

Star Member
Aug 8, 2019
I have applied for my PR and currently holds a valid employer specific work permit and planning to apply for BOWP. On OCT 12, it will be less than 04 months of my current WP expiry. I am waiting for this as I read earlier that it is the eligibility requirement but today I visited the link again and found this eligibility requirement is not there for BOWP anymore. Kindly can anyone confirm if this is true and that I don't have to wait for until my current work permit expiry becomes less than 04 months?

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

I have applied for my PR and currently holds a valid employer specific work permit and planning to apply for BOWP. On OCT 12, it will be less than 04 months of my current WP expiry. I am waiting for this as I read earlier that it is the eligibility requirement but today I visited the link again and found this eligibility requirement is not there for BOWP anymore. Kindly can anyone confirm if this is true and that I don't have to wait for until my current work permit expiry becomes less than 04 months?

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.
1. Well I found it.

You've applied for permanent residence under Express Entry

You may be eligible for an open work permit if: