+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Eligibility check for CSQ?

sayhitoarvind

Jan 4, 2018
Hi,
I recently got a job and moved to Montreal,QC. Is it possible to apply for CSQ and obtain it without learning french? Also,I have a bachelors in Computer science(India) and Master's in Computer science(Canada).
Can someone tell me what are my odds or how i can go forward? Thanks

sayhitoarvind

Jan 4, 2018
It is absolutely possible to get CSQ in the regular skilled worker category without any knowledge of French (I did) provided that you score enough points otherwise.
Have you tried the evaluation tool to get an idea about your chances? http://www.form.services.micc.gouv.qc.ca/epi/index.jsp?languageCode=en
I tried the evaluation tool and it says I pass the criteria. I'm surprised. Can you also point me to how i can start my application for CSQ?
Thanks. much appreciated

Betula

Aug 30, 2017
Category........
QSW
You need to create a Mon Projet Quebec -account and fill in the online application there. Temporary workers who already reside in Quebec can apply in the skilled worker category at any time (outland applicants have application periods and quotas) but do note that you must have gained at least a year of working experience in Quebec to apply:
"Temporary foreign worker
The regular program applies to you if you were legally admitted to Québec as a temporary worker for one or more consecutive periods totalling at least one year."

https://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/temporary-workers/stay-quebec/application-csq/index.html

sayhitoarvind

Jan 4, 2018
You need to create a Mon Projet Quebec -account and fill in the online application there. Temporary workers who already reside in Quebec can apply in the skilled worker category at any time (outland applicants have application periods and quotas) but do note that you must have gained at least a year of working experience in Quebec to apply:
"Temporary foreign worker
The regular program applies to you if you were legally admitted to Québec as a temporary worker for one or more consecutive periods totalling at least one year."

https://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/temporary-workers/stay-quebec/application-csq/index.html
I have just started working. It's been only 3 months so far and its my first job in Canada. What should i do for my scenario?

Betula

Aug 30, 2017
Category........
QSW
I have just started working. It's been only 3 months so far and its my first job in Canada. What should i do for my scenario?
Sorry, my bad I miswrote it, you can apply with shorter work experience but you should have a work _permit_ that will allow you to work at least up to one year. Three months of work in Quebec should already give you the maximum points for Quebec connection in your application.

sayhitoarvind

Jan 4, 2018
Sorry, my bad I miswrote it, you can apply with shorter work experience but you should have a work _permit_ that will allow you to work at least up to one year. Three months of work in Quebec should already give you the maximum points for Quebec connection in your application.
I have a Post Grad work permit for 2 more years. I see. And Is it still the same as applying as Temp Foreign worker? Thanks for helping out.

Betula

Aug 30, 2017
Category........
QSW
I assume you did not graduate from Quebec because otherwise you would most likely apply in the PEQ category with advanced level of French... So yes, with your PGWP you will apply in the regular temporary skilled worker category.

sayhitoarvind

Jan 4, 2018
I assume you did not graduate from Quebec because otherwise you would most likely apply in the PEQ category with advanced level of French... So yes, with your PGWP you will apply in the regular temporary skilled worker category.
yes,you're right. Are there any downsides of applying in regular temporary skilled worker category?

Betula

Aug 30, 2017
Category........
QSW
Not really, it just takes a lot longer to receive CSQ. It is something like 6 months or more for regular program, 1 month for PEQ (although it has been taking longer lately). But otherwise it is the same process for both, and the federal stage does not (usually) discriminate between the two categories.

Reactions: sayhitoarvind

sayhitoarvind

Jan 4, 2018
I'm wondering whether will i be able to apply over Federal PR outside quebec in case i fail to obtain my CSQ?
you're answers are really helpful. Thanks again

Betula

Aug 30, 2017
Category........
QSW
Well, basically you have the option to apply for Express Entry to another province even now. It may or may not work. To get permanent residency through Quebec is around 20 months minimum, whereas Express Entry is 6 months. But then you should reside or at least prove that you intend to reside outside Quebec. But yes, you can always try for other provinces even if you don't get CSQ. It is only a rejection from Quebec skilled worker program.

sayhitoarvind

Jan 4, 2018
I have some questions regarding CSQ. I have a Bachelors in Computer science. and I got a Masters in engineering degree here in Canada(not in QC). What would be my points in terms of Education and Trade?
Also, I'm working as a sub contractor. Would that affect my application?
Thanks