+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

eligibility approved?

biggyboy35058

Jan 23, 2023
I received this letter from IRCC today, referring to my Home support Worker (Gaining Exp.) application. The letter stated:
"This letter refers to your application for permanent residence under the Home Support Worker Class.
It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements of the permanent residence pre-assessment stage under the Home Support Worker Class.
We have received your application for an occupation-restricted open work permit. If your application is approved, the work permit will allow you to work in Canada as a temporary resident and acquire the 12 months of Canadian work experience within 36 months."

Am I to assume this means my application has been approved in principle, and now they are processing my work permit? What comes next? thanks for any info!

Reactions: Hummingbird89

roye

Jan 13, 2021
C
I received this letter from IRCC today, referring to my Home support Worker (Gaining Exp.) application. The letter stated:
"This letter refers to your application for permanent residence under the Home Support Worker Class.
It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements of the permanent residence pre-assessment stage under the Home Support Worker Class.
We have received your application for an occupation-restricted open work permit. If your application is approved, the work permit will allow you to work in Canada as a temporary resident and acquire the 12 months of Canadian work experience within 36 months."

Am I to assume this means my application has been approved in principle, and now they are processing my work permit? What comes next? thanks for any info!
Could you please share your timeline.. thank you

Hummingbird89

Mar 18, 2023
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........

That's what it means.

Reactions: Nanaruiz

I.H

Jul 19, 2022

Congratulations, next is passport request

biggyboy35058

Jan 23, 2023
Timeline: Dec 1 2022 Submitted application online (in philippines)
Dec 23 2022 Received AOR & application Number with "E"
June 15 2023 Received request for Medical Exam
July 02 Medical Completed
July 9 Medical exam passed recorded on GKey Account
Aug 25 Received elgibility letter

Reactions: Hummingbird89

Nanaruiz

Jan 17, 2021
I have not received PPR yet. Does anyone know approximately how long it take to receive the PPR?
It depends. Eligibility doesn’t guarantee that you are approved. You need to pass admissibility also, and that comes after eligibility.
Admissibility is based in background check, which is criminality, medical and security screening.
It can take few days, weeks or even months.

Haert

Star Member
Jun 17, 2021
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
25-03-2021
It depends. Eligibility doesn’t guarantee that you are approved. You need to pass admissibility also, and that comes after eligibility.
Admissibility is based in background check, which is criminality, medical and security screening.
It can take few days, weeks or even months.

It varies. My BC was completed first before my EL. Hence, in contrary to this response you should receive PPR after you passed the EL. Any progress on this yet?