+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Elibibility for Covid Relief

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks for the response again, I thought they ask only for the marital status in the application, is there a place which asks whether the husband is a Canadian PR ? do they ask for PP number ? Where can we find a student visa application form to get an idea ?
All the questions she has to answer will indicate that you are a PR and they will look at your file and consider if she is a genuine student.

SLgirl

Dec 18, 2017
Hi there,
Just a quick question, I too am a PR holder residing in my home country at the moment due to the covid-virus. I'm a bit reluctant to get back right away and plan to go by next year. I have been in CA a couple of times back on short visits but couldn't settle down due to some personal issues, I want to settle down by mid next year but my card expires in 2022 which means I won't be able to cover the 730days period. Do you think I could still go back next year? There are updates on sites on how expired and late COPR and PRV holders can come to CA at a later date but nothing for current PR card holders, Can anyone help pls

Thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi there,
Just a quick question, I too am a PR holder residing in my home country at the moment due to the covid-virus. I'm a bit reluctant to get back right away and plan to go by next year. I have been in CA a couple of times back on short visits but couldn't settle down due to some personal issues, I want to settle down by mid next year but my card expires in 2022 which means I won't be able to cover the 730days period. Do you think I could still go back next year? There are updates on sites on how expired and late COPR and PRV holders can come to CA at a later date but nothing for current PR card holders, Can anyone help pls

Thanks
There is always a risk of being reported when you don't meet your RO which is 2 out of 5 years from your landing date. If you aren't reported you will need to remain in Canada for 2 years and you can't sponsor a spouse until you are compliant with your RO.

SLgirl

Dec 18, 2017
Thanks for your reply. I think that's a bit unfair, as expired COPR and PRV people are allowed to come over even when the dates are expired, anyone knows if anything similar is actually offered to PR holders who have not met the 2 yr requirement

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
There has been no announcement regarding RO exceptions. As an aside, holders of COPRs and PRV are not permanent residents until they complete their landing, hence the initial exception regarding validity dates of their documents.

SLgirl

Dec 18, 2017
There has been no announcement regarding RO exceptions. As an aside, holders of COPRs and PRV are not permanent residents until they complete their landing, hence the initial exception regarding validity dates of their documents.
Thank you, is there anyway I can find out about this officially by emailing some one.

The general email address if the embassy just replies back with generic links that doesn't help much

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
There is always a risk of being reported when you don't meet your RO which is 2 out of 5 years from your landing date. If you aren't reported you will need to remain in Canada for 2 years and you can't sponsor a spouse until you are compliant with your RO.
You had many years to settle but you didn't. The RO is very lenient to begin with. People getting extensions on their COPRs couldn't travel due to travel restrictions so they needed to be given extensions.