+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Electronics Engineering for NOC 2174

anirudh.1983

Feb 25, 2014
Hi all,
I have done Electronics engineering and my job role fits description of NOC 2174. I got an invitation also and have to submit my application within few days.
When i was going through the requirements of NOC 2174, i saw 2 things as its criteria:

1. Roles and responsibilities: I have them same as of 2174 and i have got a reference letter from my employer mentioning the same. So, I believe this is solved.
2. Education: It is written that the employment requirement is: "A bachelor's degree in computer science or in another discipline with a significant programming component ". I do not understand if this is a mandatory requirement or just an employment trend written there. If it is a requirement, can anyone suggest how shall i show that my bachelors degree has "significant programming component"? Are there any standard documents for it? Any idea about what is that which is considered significant according to them? Is Electronics engineering usually acceptable by CIC for NOC 2174?

Thanks
Anirudh

anti-neutrino

Mar 29, 2015
Anirudh,

As far as I know there is no clear definition of 'significant programming component' and one can totally have programming experience in other major degrees other than Computer Science/Information Technology. So I think you should be good here.
But then I am from computer science background so have not faced this myself.

Seniors.. help please!

spiritboy

Apr 22, 2018
IRAN
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi all,
I have done Electronics engineering and my job role fits description of NOC 2174. I got an invitation also and have to submit my application within few days.
When i was going through the requirements of NOC 2174, i saw 2 things as its criteria:

1. Roles and responsibilities: I have them same as of 2174 and i have got a reference letter from my employer mentioning the same. So, I believe this is solved.
2. Education: It is written that the employment requirement is: "A bachelor's degree in computer science or in another discipline with a significant programming component ". I do not understand if this is a mandatory requirement or just an employment trend written there. If it is a requirement, can anyone suggest how shall i show that my bachelors degree has "significant programming component"? Are there any standard documents for it? Any idea about what is that which is considered significant according to them? Is Electronics engineering usually acceptable by CIC for NOC 2174?

Thanks
Anirudh
Anirudh,
I am keen to know whether you had any problem due to your major? mine is Information Technology and I am a bit worried about this statement "significant programming component".

Jul 9, 2018
Hi all,

Thanks
Anirudh
I am also in same boat. I am B Tech Mechanical Engg so can I be qualify under 2173/2174? Can you please respond whatever you know.

Herlo

Star Member
Jan 9, 2019
Guys with B.tech in non CSE and IT, have u used NOC code 2171/2172/2173/2174 and finally got the PR?

anirudh.1983

Feb 25, 2014
Sorry for late reply. I just couldn't see these responses on the post before.
I finally had applied under 2174 code got PR more than an year back. There were no questions asked/doubts raised about the programming component/non-comp science degree etc (the one which i was worried about before applying).

Herlo

Star Member
Jan 9, 2019
I finally had applied under 2174 code got PR more than an year back. There were no questions asked/doubts raised about the programming component/non-comp science degree etc (the one which i was worried about before applying).
Thank you very much for the response. Means a lot to get back to the forum and respond to us.

cooolideal

Jul 2, 2014
For saska license is required if we r electronics engineer and apply for 2174 then from where we need to get license apegs or from it

rrgupta

Nov 6, 2019
NOW WHEN THEY specifically for 2174 that computer sciences engineering is not allowed ? Am i qualified if i have done my Bachelor of engineering with INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY